Chapter Twenty-Nine

Beginne am Anfang

"Could I ask for a favor?" He questioned, his chair pushing back as he was heading inside to fetch his laptop. If Sage was feeling down, it was better to have her talk face to face with Jade than over the phone like last time.

Sage had barely had a moment in her room after being in the shower, her hair still heavily wet as she wanted to finish her little project before bed.

"No talk." She spoke, stopping her pencil's motion for a small moment and staring up for a small bit. She hoped she came off as affirmative, but really she was still saddened by Luke and his lack of actions.

"I just wanted to say congratulations hun...Are you sure you can't talk?" Sage's eyes widened with excitement as she looked partly around the room, until her ears pinpointed to the device in Luke's hands. 

"It's Luna Jade, she wanted to talk before you head to bed." He said, setting it up on her desk. Where the entire screen showcased the beautiful she-wolf, the first one Sage had ever met out in the real world.

"Jade." She smiled, and the hormonal she-wolf had sniffed. 

"How are you sweetheart? I heard what happened, are you okay?" Sage wanted to nod, but a sad expression turned up to Luke. She gripped his hand for a moment and pulled it close to her chest in almost a hugging form.

Something she would do when they were running from the facility.

"You want me to stay? Luna Jade knows what happened, she just wants to know if you're alright." He reiterated, and she hugged his arms before letting go. A sign for him to leave the room, and when he did Jade chuckled.

"Damn males...Did you take care of the Rogues alright?" Sage nodded and tugged at the ends of her sleeves as she tried to think of the right word. "Only one." 

"Only one left?" Sage nodded again, smiling a little as Jade's voice was sounding like a soft blanket over her anxiety.

"Sage I know it's hard to understand, but what your brother and Beta were trying to do was keep from everyone being thrown into a panic. Shouting Rogues will do that, you need to be absolutely sure...And even then you need evidence." Saddness struck Sage once again, Jade hadn't believed her either.

"Smell. No link. Silver drink." She bit back, and Jade laughed again. 

"Oh darling I miss you, I'm going to make Remus come once this pup is born...Luke told us that you stood up to your mate?" And a pride grin rallied as she nodded firmly, and it surely made Jade hide her laughs behind her hand.

"I'm sure you've heard this already, but Alpha's are not built or born to follow anyone. That's why they're so thick-headed and—" 

"Hey!" Jade had watched the small Luna through the screen jump as she took a quick look behind her to make sure that the noise wasn't from her end.

"Harlow shush! You scared Sage." The she-wolf scolded, only for the Alpha himself to bend down to see that his mate was indeed conversing with their little friend off in Crescent Moon.

"Is it true you rallied up Remus? Good! He deserves a hard time hun." Jade had swatted at her mate as she gawked up towards him. "Harlow." 

"What? All I'm saying is she shouldn't submit just because they're mates! What's the fun in that?" Sage was still in a world of confusion as she looked to the other pack's Alpha.

"Fun?" Which caused a rather serious expression to lay on Jade's face, though Harlow seemingly ignored it. 

"Rogues are not to be messed with, all the packs are suffering from them, they're like a disease. The biggest enemy we have besides Vampires..." He was about to say scientists, but it wasn't worth bringing up her anxiety any further, or earn him another smackThe explanation hadn't been all that helpful, and so Jade jumped before him in an effort to make it more understandable.