「 never have i ever 」

chapter fifteen

never have i ever

Savour on the moment, while still waiting for sacred time

"WHY HER? OUT of everyone to choose from, you picked the one that has no connection to anyone but her friends! Why didn't you choose one of the Westbrook's? That would send shock waves, especially since the blonde is a fucking blood traitor too." A voice called out beyond the pale curtains of the strange room. Her head was pounding and she began to slip in and out of consciousness.

"Because that is who we have been told to choose. She is undetectable. Quite and passive. Funnel secrets from the inside. That girl won't even realise that she's doing this. Why'd you care so much?" A boy with a Northern, West Yorkshire, accent challenged the other firmly. The two seemed to be in a predicament over her. Well, who she'd discover to be her when she was of sound mind.

"I don't care. I just think it's a waste of time. You best get out of here, Avery, before someone notices that you're here." They shot back as Isadora slipped back into a state of darkness. People said times were changing and the fifteen-year-old was not prepared for what was coming. Not yet. None of them was. That was the problem.

She wasn't sure how long she was out for but when Isadora sat up, she wasn't alone. A boy was bundled into the small visitor's chair as he slept sombrely. Shuffling upright so that she could be comfortable, his eyes began to twitch before opening completely. The girl was dazed and overall confused about what had happened, she barely registered that she was in the hospital wing. Eyes glassy and mind racing, she fidgeted in the bed trying to get out as she became more and more constricted. He watched her with a slight frown, unsure of what was happening. Breathing becoming short, heart thumping, and bile rising up and down her throat. It didn't make sense.

"Isadora-" Regulus spoke up, getting out of the chair as the girl sank to the floor. She shook her head rapidly as tears slipped down her face.

"N-no." The girl said, hardly able to form her words. One thing she knew for sure, he was the only one that knew she was there. "Stay away from me!" She shouted through her sobs, alerting the matron and professor nearby. Shoes clicked against the cobbled floor as they raced into the section. Madame Pomfrey came to her aid, trying to soothe the panic attack with a spell.

"Mr Black, would you mind waiting outside with me for a minute." McGonagall stated instead of questioned, holding the curtain back for him to exit. Locking eyes with the fearful girl once more, he left without a word. She now knew. This could have been for the best. Now, they'd choose someone else...