「lost souls 」

chapter two

「lost souls」

   APPEARING A MOMENT before curfew, all the girls were tucked up in bed; ready for the upcoming week, Eleanor went straight to bed without a word. She closed the drapes and went to sleep, deciding to greet the others in the morning. Her first night there and she was already lacking sleep. The thought of her Fathers reaction kept her up, when the subject left her mind and she closed her eyes the worry flooded her once again due to the nerves. All together she had four hours of interrupted sleep, waking up at five-thirty and laying awake. Her mind racing and chest-thumping, sleep currently seemed to be a difficult task in her state. Usually, she wasn't phased by her father -well she tried- but since her holiday in Milan was plastered throughout the muggle and wizarding magazines, she was in her father's bad books. Getting into Gryffindor was the cherry on top. Not only that, Adelaide was struggling to fit in. She had met a girl named Clementine, with who she shared a dorm, and that was it. Back at the Beauxbatons, she was used to people flocking to her, people here were envious of the girls, especially Adelaide because she was an actress and their father got her into huge Hollywood films that made even the purebloods gawk in their spot. Eleanor had advised that she reached out to others, the blonde had gotten lucky knowing Lily because they grew up together, as neighbours, but she welcomed her younger sister to join them too. That reminded her to say hello to Severus, the redhead was talking about him yesterday but the two never saw him.

Tossing and turning for about an hour, the sun had finally decided to rise and so Ellie got up for the day. Her first class was early, potions at nine, so looking presentable for the first day wouldn't be hard to accomplish. She started with her hair, brushing it out before casting a spell to recover the curls and then moved onto makeup. Her go-to items were concealer, mascara and lip gloss as she only did a full face of makeup for parties. Mainly because she was too lazy to do anything else. Finally, she placed the silver locket around her neck. It was very vintage and had such an intricate design engraved into the oval, a poppy. Originally, it was her mothers and she had inherited it. She only took it off to shower and to sleep in fear of losing it like she lost her mother. Her reflection was satisfactory for her so she vacated the bathroom to grab her robes. By this time, two of her roommates were up. Lily and another girl. One who hung posters of various quidditch players and her favourite team, the Holyhead Harpies. Eleanor presumed the girl to be Welsh or a feminist, maybe both.

Mary MacDonald was super athletic and sport was her number one priority. She was a beater on the Gryffindor team, just like Sirius, and always dreamed about going professional. The girl had the darkest skin and it was incredibly stunning, especially the way she absorbed the sun in the bright summer months. Her hair was similar in shade to obsidian and her braids were often in a ponytail because she was doing some kind of exercise. Also, she had chocolatey eyes like the others, hers appearing much darker without the sun. Built with fairly broad shoulders, it was helpful when it came to batting and never really bothered if it was "feminine" or not, she was probably five foot eight and was still growing. She was not one to gossip but never missed an opportunity to dress up at a party.

"Hello!" She greeted upon Eleanor's entrance causing her to smile, she had a light Scottish accent which seemed to shake her momentarily but Mary didn't notice. "I'm Mary MacDonald but I'm guessing Lily already told you." Mary said as her headshot to the redhead that scurried away to the bathroom. The blonde laughed lightly at her friend's actions and shook her head.