「mini skirts and ballgowns 」

chapter three

mini skirts and ballgowns

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring

   TO SAY THAT the day had dragged on was an understatement. She had triple Herbology followed by triple potions. At least that class was done for the day. Her Herbology partner was Remus, so it wasn't too bad. Dorcas didn't talk much in Potions, she just kept her head down for the entire lesson, El would work on that. Now, she had returned to the dorms to change out of her uniform and was going to study with Remus until dinner. She had suggested sitting outside as it wasn't too cold. After her brief appearance outside, she decided that she much preferred the grounds compared to the library. The girl felt free in nature and it was much easier for her to concentrate because she was relaxed.

   Eleanor picked out her jeans that were twice her size and she kept them held up with a shoelace tied at the back with a thick black belt over the top to disguise the thin rope. She paired this with a cropped black spaghetti strap top and an oversized zip-up hoodie. Comfortable and fashionable, the last thing she needed was her stepmother on her back about her appearance so keeping things simple was her best option. She grabbed her notebooks and headed out.

   The autumn breeze nipped at her delicate skin as she crossed the grounds, forcing her to zip up the large hoodie. She kept it hanging off one shoulder as she didn't zip it all the way up, if she got cold later she'd have nothing to cover to bring some warmth. However, that was not her main priority right now. As she approached she saw a pair of legs protruding from the tree trunk, ones she presumed were Remus', his shoes were smart -like the ones he wore to school- and were polished black leather to match his belt. The boy wore light brown tartan pants and a dark brown knitted jumper that was half tucked in and half lazily falling at his side. Not like Eleanor would admit it but he looked far better than her in that moment. His nose was delved into his transfiguration book, he hadn't even noticed her arrival and didn't even flinch when she sat beside him. He either lacked awareness or had too much of it, Eleanor could probably guess which. Once she got out her books, his attention was on her.

   "So, what do you want to go over?" She asked, flipping through some of her old notes on transfiguration notes. She had worked so hard in her fifth year to get her top grades, it was foolish to stop now.

   "Uhm... Human transfiguration, like Crinus Muto." He stated, not too sure himself. For someone who asked to study, the boy was fairly underprepared which Eleanor found extremely odd. The boy looked very pale and his hand was shaking lightly, a full moon only three days away.