「 what's the matter with lily evans 」

chapter thirty seven

what's the matter with lily evans

"YOU SELFISH BASTARD! You couldn't even wait for her to get back." A loud voice startled her awake, she shot up as a cold breeze coasted across her bare collarbone. Lily was gone and the hatch had been left open. This was not good. She hopped out of bed, only in her pyjama shorts and crop cami top, and pulled herself out of the hatch. It was far too early and too cold for this. She jogged over to the other hatch, noticing that one was open too. The redhead had clearly had only just gotten in there because she was being held back by James just by the entrance. With a tired huff, she dropped down onto Sirius' bed which caught Lily's attention. "Here to send me to sleep again?" The redhead spat, her voice laced with venom. Eleanor rolled her eyes as she leaned on the bedpost, not giving in to the girl's behaviour.

"You've had a shout, now. Let's go." Elle was not in the mood for this, it was an unwritten rule that one does not disturb the blonde from sleep unless they wanted to deal with her bitchy mood. And now Lily was acting like a toddler, it was like her worst nightmares coming to life all at once - not literally.

"No. Why does he get away with treating Delilah like that?" She protested, causing Eleanor to roll her head back in frustration. Her eyes flickered to Peter's muggle alarm clock and she internally groaned.

"It's seven in the morning!" Eleanor reminded her as if the redhead was crazy. "You have all day to pick a fight with Remus, you can do it later."

"He's up now." Lily retorted, gesturing to the boy with the sandy blonde hair. He looked half mortified and half startled, his brain not functioning this early in the morning. The blonde shot him a brow, wanting to see how he was. His lips pulled into a line as he sent her a thumbs up. "Just great." Lily huffed after watching their little interaction. "If you need me, I'll be at breakfast." The girl fumed, trying to leave but James was yet to let go. "Get your hands off me!" And with one last glare, she left the dorm and slammed the door on the way out.

"I thought you took her back to stop this from happening!" James said, collapsing back onto his bed as he covered his face.

"She came through the hatch, she purposefully tried to keep me asleep for this exact reason." Elle shot back, not liking his tone.

"How about we all go back to sleep and deal with this later?" Sirius suggested, sitting up in his bed. That was not the answer that James had wanted. He got up and pulled his Quidditch jumper on and headed out the door, probably to follow Lily. "I'll take that as a no."

"I'm going to go too. Lots of things to sort out." Remus mumbled, more to himself than the others. "Thanks for the potion." He offered awkwardly, earning a curt nod from the girl. After all, she was still mad at him. Then he left, leaving only Sirius and Eleanor as Peter was still sleeping.

"What?" The blonde asked when she turned to face him, he had a smirk on his lips. It wasn't fair for someone to look this good so early in the morning. Her arms folded over her stomach as goosebumps scaled her body due to the nippy morning air.

"Nothing. I'm surprised that Lily woke you up." Sirius lied, not like she noticed. That boy could lie about anything and get away with it. The only lies that Eleanor could tell were the ones she had convinced herself to be true.

"Hm, me too." She replied bluntly, plopping onto his bed as she rubbed her tired eyes. Where she often had a solution for everybody's problems, she had no idea where to even start with Lily's. It just wasn't her. She was always angry recently and it didn't make sense. Maybe she was on the peperit imperium potion. It was wizarding birth control, 100% effective unlike the muggle one. No period and no pregnancies. The only downside was the loss of control of your emotions and potentially infertility. About a 1/100,000 chance if your on it long term like Eleanor had. Lily wouldn't even risk the possibility, even if she only used it short term. So, it wasn't that."You got any plans for today?" Eleanor asked, looking up again.