"Dude," Flynn whispered near the end of class. "He hasn't stopped staring at you once!"

"I know," Julie hissed. "But it's weird, isn't it?"

"Girl, what is wrong with you?" Flynn almost got up just to punch Julie in the arm. "You've crushed on this dude forever and now he wants you and you're gonna let some ghost, who's not real get in your way?"

"Okay, I hear you," Julie reasoned just as the bell rang for dismissal. "But that doesn't mean my feelings aren't real."

"Yeah but how can your feelings be real if the person isn't real?"

"Bro have you never crushed on a celebrity?" Julie was getting annoyed. "You know that's impossible but you still do it!"

"Okay but my point is Justin Bieber isn't dead! If I meet him, I'll be able to touch him. But Luke is..." Flynn looked at her friend with concern. "I just don't want you to get hurt."

Julie sighed. They stopped at her locker to switch out books for the next class. "I know, but Flynn, you don't understand. I can touch them."

"Oh, sweet, sweet angel. You have officially gone insane."

"Shut up," laughed Julie. "When I got home after The Orpheum, I thought they were gonna die, so I went to hug Lu- them... and I didn't go through them. I could touch them. We had our first group hug."

"Shut up!" Squealed Flynn. "How did it feel? You have to tell me everything!"

Luke, Reggie and Alex were lounging around the couch in the garage. Alex was air drumming, Reggie was napping and Luke was writing lyrics. It was very quiet, so when Julie came bursting through the doors screaming "guys!" at the top of her lungs, they all jumped.

"Julie, don't do that! You scared me half to death!" Reggie bent over and clutched his chest tightly.

"We're already dead, dumbass," Alex couldn't believe those words left Reggie's lips.

Luke ignored them both and walked right up to Julie. "What's up?"

Julie tried to focus on all three of them, not just Luke. Flynn was right. This can't be a thing. But he was so irresistible. And it's not like she couldn't hold his hand now if she wanted to. Or kiss— Julie widened her eyes and tried to focus on why she came out there in the first place before her mind wandered to Luke. Why does he always do that to her?

"We have a problem," she said.

"Yeah, Reggie seems to have forgotten we died 25 years ago," Alex chuckled and slapped Reggie's chest.

"No, really! Carrie's dad was at the show. He saw you guys perform!"

"Bobby was at our show?" Luke took a step forward, causing Julie to step backward instinctively.

"Yes. Carrie said he saw our video of Edge of Great on YouTube and got all weird and insisted on coming to the show!"

"Oh my god, you don't think he's scared do you?" Alex moved closer, wrapping an arm around Luke's shoulder. He smiled mischievously as if it was exactly what he wanted.

Julie narrowed her eyes. "What did you do?"

All three of them put their hands up instinctively. "Nothing!"

"You're lookin real guilty," she pressured them for the truth. They all looked like they were trying so hard not to smile.

"Honest, Julie. We didn't go near him," Reggie said.

"Again," Alex added.

"Julie!" Julie's dad's voice floated through the door. He was calling for her from the front door.

"Yeah dad? I'm working on some music!" She called back. She wasn't done with this conversation yet.

"Carrie and Mr. Wilson are here. They want to say hi," he called back.

Julie's eyes widened at the same time as Alex and Luke's. "C-coming!" She stammered. "Why is he here?" She hissed at the boys as if they had any idea.

Luke and Alex shuffled quickly behind Julie with Reggie falling behind. "I don't get it. Why are we freaking out?"

"Mr. Wilson is Bobby. Now let's go," Luke whisper-yelled.

Julie turned around and put her hands up to stop them. "Wait, what are you guys gonna do? You're ghosts. He can't see you!"

"We can be there for moral support," Reggie offered.

"Help you figure out what to say," Alex continued.

"Or scare the living hell out of him again," Luke said.

"Absolutely not!" Julie pinched his arm and he flinched, rubbing the spot gently. He couldn't help but smile. "Okay, you can come. But no distractions," Julie warned.