Ch. 6 Running from problems never work.

After walking home I go straight up to my room. The first thing I do is go to my mini jewelry box in one of my bags. I get out my slayer ring. It is red and has an X in their middle made of crossed swords. It looks similar to my necklace. It should let me come back 5 times too. Give or take.

I threw my hair up in a ponytail and change into black leather pants, High heeled black boots, and a black short sleeve crop top. I put on black and silver eye shadow and red lipstick. Grabbing my moon pendant and stake I walk out of the house.

_____

I passed the Welcome to New York sign about 3 miles ago. I broke about a dozen traffic laws to get here in the amount of time it did. Continuing down the road a person appeared in the middle of the road. I swerve and stop my car just before it hits a tree. I grab my stake from my boot and exit the car.

"You know I've had a really bad day. If you are just a vamp looking for somebody to snack on I suggest you look somewhere else. If you know me, Katelyn Gilbert and you're an enemy come back another time so I can enjoy your demise, and if you are, although highly unlikely, my friend out there please say the code name I gave you.

I hear a loud sigh. "Santa Klaus." a British accent said.

I put the stake back in my boot and 'Santa' came over.

"Santa!!!" I yelled and gave him a hug. "This year I want signed, hardcover copies of the Night World series by L.J. Smith and a camera."

"You know that gets old love." Klaus said.

"Yeah well sorry."

"I do have a question. Considering it is highly unlikely that your friend was out here should I be thankful to be one even though I have an awful code name, as you put it?"

"You should be honored."

"Should be, maybe but I'm not."

"Aww. What are you doing in New York anyways?" I ask

"You know me. Traveling, Traveling, Traveling." He said not giving me a straight answer.

"So what pray tell are you doing in New York?" He asked

"Finished training. Reason Three is to shop, two is to leave problems behind, and one is to go for a hunt. You should know that a vampire's best hunting place is in a city making it a slayers too."

"Well good luck with that."

"I would say good luck with what you are doing but I actually value life"

"Well now that you mention it I could always eat you." He says.

"You kill me and you don't get another doppelganger." I tell him to try to save myself.

"Katelyn, you and I both know that you're not really a doppelganger."

"Ouch." I say and give a pout.

"You are not an actual born witch either so you are shunned by them. You're nothing really supernatural and you were not even supposed to be born."

"You think what you're saying is hurting me don't you?" I ask

"Yes."

"Well you're not. I already know and have come to terms with it."

"You know?"

"Yes. I'm going to leave before I do something drastic." I say and get into my car. Just as I'm about to start down the road aging I hear the door close.

"Klaus. What the heck are you doing?"

"Going along for the ride love."

"Don't you need to feed or something?" I ask hoping he will leave.

"Yes, but I was thinking you would be willing to donate." He said making his accent stand out.

"You know British accents don't work on me." I say in a fake British accent.

"You did not answer my question."

"I thought you were smart enough to know that the answer is and will always be no."

"Oh come on Katelyn. You and I both know you want to."

"NO!"

"But"

"I don't care! Let's just play the silent game for the rest of the trip."

_____

3 long hours later.

The quiet only lasted 10 minutes. After that he continuously pestered me.

I stop the car. "Get out."

"Are you really going to leave me stranded on the side of the road?"

"Yes. Now get out of my car."

"I'll be good if you let me stay the rest of the ride."

"Sure you will." I mutter.

"I heard that."

"You were meant to."

When I finally got to the city I was ecstatic. I pulled off to a reasonably priced hotel and went inside to book a room. Klaus came with me even though I tried to make him stay in the car.

"You will give us your best room for free." He compelled the receptionist.

He handed over two key cards and Klaus handed me one.

"Can't you get your own room?" I ask.

"Now where would the fun in that be?" He smirked.

"Ha ha. I get to choose my room." I then head to the elevator to go up to our (MY) room.

I went through the room multiple times and still it remained only with one bedroom. Luckily it had two beds. I got the one by the window.

"I'm going out. Don't wait up." I leave and start going around for a hunt.

_____

I have been walking around for an hour and have found nothing.

"Of course. When I get into town all vampires magically disappear." I mutter to myself.

Once back I head up to MY room.

"And she returns." A voice mocked when I when I walked in.

"Yes and she is bored out of her mind."

"What. No vamps to stop tonight."

"None. Now I'm going to sleep in my room. You get the couch." I say walking in and locking the door.

I quickly get ready for bed. I fall asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

~Dream~

"Katelyn what are you doing? You need to be protecting Elena. Not being best friends with the enemy." Emily said.

"I'm not wanted anywhere back home. Did you know Elena is hanging around vampires?"

"Yes I did. I was around when they were turned. I also made and gave them the daylight rings."

"So why send me? You know I have morals... I have a few exceptions, yet you still send me."

"I am sorry for not telling you but you need to protect your sister. I must go now. Good bye Katelyn."

The dream changed

"Elizabeth come on. Why are you a witch but look like the doppelganger?" Elijah asked while holding me against a wall choking me.

"I... don't... know." I gasped.

"You are lying."

"I have dreams of... a girl named Joanna and Abigail. It's like I am them, but they are from a different time."

He dropped me to the ground.

"What are the dreams about?" He whispered.

"About their deaths. That's what it is mostly. It is occasionally a meeting with someone I have not heard of. Like I remember Joanna and you were together. Her meeting you. What she felt for you. I recognized you that way. I thought I had gone mad."

"How... How did she die? I never found out. I never caught who killed her either."

"She was drowned. She was on a ship. They bound her wrists and ankles and threw her overboard. I'm sorry for your loss." I said.

"So you know if she ever met someone named Katarina?"

"No. Is it important?"

"Not really."

_____

"Elijah I'm scared. What if they get me?"

"They won't. I won't let them."

"I need to tell you something about Joanna, if I don't make it you need to know."

"What?" he asked. I could see the hope in his eyes.

"She loved you. She knew she was going to die soon and she wanted to spare you the pain of witnessing it like you would have if she stayed. She did not want to leave you."

I was taken from my spot and something was pressed against my mouth. It was forcing a warm liquid down my throat.

"Elijah." A cold voice came from my captor.

"Let her go."

"Why? It gives me such satisfaction to see you heartbroken. Like how you were when I had Joanna killed. Well now you can have Elizabeth, but as a monster like you." He said then broke my neck.

__________

I awoke with a start.

"What was that?" I muttered to myself.

"What was what love?"

"Aren't you supposed to be on the couch?" I ask annoyed that he got in my room.

"Did you really expect me to sleep on the couch?"

"Yes... Have you heard of Joanna, Abigail and Elizabeth?" I ask.

"How do you know about them?" He about growled.

"I... Dreamed of Elizabeth. Like I was her. I saw her death." I said.

He snapped his head in my direction and vamp sped to right in front of me. "Impossible." He said under his breath.

"What?"

"You my little flower are a reincarnation."

"I think I just puked a little when you called me your 'little flower'." I told him.

"Although I have never seen such a contrast in personality from the other 3 reincarnations. You are more like Arianna. The original of you all."

"A reincarnation. Really?" I laughed.

"I thought you may have been one for some time. Although you not being born a witch and your whole personality led me to believe it false."

"See I'm not one, need to be born a witch."

"I think I know why that is. The last reincarnation was turned into a vampire. The first one to be. She lost her witch powers and I guess it carried onto you. That also explains why you could be made into a witch."

"You said anyone could be if powers were transferred." I said.

"I lied. I do that." He said and walked out of the room.

_______________________________

Hope you like. What do you think of the reincarnation idea?

Thanks for reading.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!