Ch. 11. Dance with the Devil (Part 2)

I got ready extremely slowly. I did not want tonight to happen. I was too worried about the events that are to pass to really care how I looked. It was like a light bulb went off. I ran out of my room and down the stairs almost tripping.

"Elena! You need to listen to me and do what I say. Pretend to be me for tonight. I can't tell you why but you need to be me." I told her and continued talking but mainly to myself. "It should work, it has too. Sure, she would have to change her entire personality. But.... No, I would have been told."

"Katelyn are you ok?" Elena asked.

"Think carefully, is there anything that you are not telling me. It could be the difference between life and death Elena." I say.

"Well Bonnie, she is able to channel the power of 100 dead witches, and she is going to use that to kill Klaus if he shows at the dance."

"Great... Come on. Let's go, were late enough as it is." I say. "Oh and I love your dress. Where did you get it?" I asked.

"The Salvatore's." she replied. Her dress was purple and had this geometric pattern to it. She had white go go boots that were amazing and awesome purple heart peace sign earrings. Her white circle belt went with it well and with her hair up it showed off the earrings nicely.

"Ok, and Katelyn, I'll pretend to be you, as long as you don't make out with Stefan." She says with a small smile.

________

When we got to the dance it was in full swing. Elena and I walked up to Bonnie and Jeremy who were hugging.

"Hey, you look nice." I told Bonnie as I gave her a hug. And she did. She was wearing a multi colored dress that had long sleeves. It had oranges, peach, pink, and both light and dark red. She had a black belt that rested on her waist and red orange boots. I absolutely loved her peace sign necklace. Her hair was half up and half down with it being wavy.

"So do you Katelyn." She said to me.

"Ok, very important that you know me as Elena tonight. Right Stefan?" I say as I felt his aura behind me.

"Right, Elena texted me the plan and I told Damon. So Elena, would you like to accompany me inside." He held his hand out to me.

"No, but why not. See ya'll later." I said then started laughing.

"Now, you're going to have to be a lot nicer if you want this to pull off." Stefan reminded me.

"What, you think I was always like this. In all honesty I was the nicer twin." I said.

"Ok, I'll believe it when I see it."

"So to make this believable, let's dance."

Half way through the dance Caroline and Matt came in.

"We have to catch Caroline up on what is going on." I told Stefan.

"Right, I'm on it." He twirled me and started walking away. I went to follow but Damon grabbed my hand.

"How you doin?"

"Annoyed to the point where I think walking over hot coals would be less torture."

"Ouch, that hurt my non-existent heart."

"Aww... But since I have to play nice. How are you?"

"Cool as a cucumber." He said then started twirling me around.

"Is this to try to provoke me or because you actually dance like this."

"Eh, bit of both."

I started looking around the room. I see Bonnie and Jeremy dancing, Matt and Elena dancing, and Caroline and Stefan dancing. Continuing my search I saw Alaric/Klaus. I stiffened.