Ch. 7. Returning Home

I was packing my small amount of stuff. My trip has been cut short. I have questions and Klaus is not the one who I should be asking.

__________

(Skipping the drive)

Back to Mystic Falls

I go straight to the Salvatore boarding house figuring Elena would be there. When I walk In I see Elijah. I go over to him ignoring everybody. When I reach him I pull him into a kiss. He does nothing from surprise, just as he starts kissing back I stake him through his stomach.

"Katelyn run!" Elena yells and I laugh.

I turn to look at her and see the fear in her eyes. Looking around more closely I see fear in everybody's eyes.

"He's not a normal vampire." She says trying to get me to 'safety'.

"I know." I say and flip over the back of the couch to lay on it. I close my eyes and feel the warmth of the fire... Snapping my eyes open I see my stake flying towards it.

I stop it with my mind and make it drop to the ground.

"Well it did not try to kill me." I mutter. I skip over, pick it up and put it back in my boot. When I turn around I see shocked expressions from everybody but Elijah and a confused one from Bonnie. Crap.

"Bonnie can I talk to you alone." I say and go to a random room with her following.

The room turns out is the basement. When I first went down I was checking out one of the rooms that looks like it could be a cell.

"What did you need to tell me?" She says.

I grab her hand and felt a warm comforting feeling.

"You're a.." She said but stopped. Her eyes were wide.

"Witch yes...Will tell you later when we are not having vamps trying to ease drop on our conversation."

"Trying?"

"Charm so they can't hear anything."

"You need to teach me that."

"Will later. Need to go now." I ran upstairs with her being pulled behind me.

"You may have a witch but I bet mine is better than yours." I heard Elijah growl right before I walked in the room.

In the few minutes Bonnie and I were gone the atmosphere in the room turned hostile. Damon and Elijah were glaring at each other and Elena was being protected by Stefan.

"Well since you need a doppelganger why don't you use Katelyn and leave Elena alone." Damon shot back.

"Glad I can count on you to save my life Damon." I said making my presence known with Bonnie behind me. She walked back over to where she was before. Elena's eyes widened.

"Katelyn... I... You..." Elena struggled to say anything.

"It's fine. I would gladly take your place if it were possible but it is not. I'm not a doppelganger." I say. Damon starts laughing.

"Not a doppelganger. Sure. You just look happen to look exactly like Katherine and are Elena's identical twin sister." Damon says.

"I'm supposedly a reincarnation." I said looking at Elijah. He tenses.

"Who told you that?" Bonnie asked.

"Santa." I smirk knowing they would all question my sanity.

"Santa?" Stefan asked.

I burst into fits of laughter. I did not even know that I was on the ground until I was looking up at faces of worry. Tears were streaming down my face.