Let the Wind Make the Way

Harith – Harley, what happened to your eyes? They are… violet.

Harley – (widens eyes) Umm... (nervously looks at the book and back to Harith) Must be because of the sacred elemental orbs…

Harith – (sighs with relief) Phew, I thought something bad was happening again. I didn’t notice until now, probably you didn’t even know. (chuckles) Be right back then, I’ll go find you the book.

Harley’s pov

When did this happen? Was it because of the book or was it because something happened in the laboratory? It could even be true that the sacred, elemental orbs may be changing my body… They have already made my temperature stay in ambient temperature all the time, and they even heal me completely… then again… (touches the book softly) It’s power… it’s calling me… It won’t kill anyone if I read a little more… right? (slowly opens the book and starts reading) Wow…. Amazing, this is incredible… so much useful information about different types of magic. Umm? What’s this… (focuses sight to a specific sentence) “To fulfill your destiny, a piece of the soul of the trusted must be implied inside of you”, what could this mean? A piece of the soul? Of the trusted? I know how to get it in… but I don’t understand this… (looks at Harith coming near him with several books and closes the book rapidly) Oh… the trusted… as in Harith… and a piece of his soul… will the book give it to me? There’s only one way to find out…

Harith – (puts books on the table) I got some books on myths and legends from the past, maybe we can find something.

Harley – (grabs the Untold Magic book) Harith, maybe we should read this one first.

Harith – Oh! I totally forgot about that, Angela gave it to me to give it to you, but you were asleep, so I put it inside your backpack. Have you read it already?

Harley – (looks at the book) Not completely… maybe like 10 pages or so…

Harith – Ok then, let’s read it (sits next to Harley).

Harley – (opens the book) [I’m so sorry…]

No one’s pov

As Harley opened the book the whole room became dark, but the only one who could see the darkness was him, Harith didn’t even notice, everything was normal for him, he just waited for the magician to start explaining everything to him, but the magician was speechless from the sudden darkness. He saw his companion completely okay with his surroundings, nothing weird was happening at the moment, Harith was just smiling at him, but then everything became blurry and Harley fainted and hit his head on the book and both, his head and the book, fell on the table. The leonin panicked trying to make Harley react, but nothing was of use until Harley gasped and his eyes rapidly emitted light, he closed them and opened them again just to make everything appear like nothing had happened. The preoccupation had them alert, what had happened? they didn’t even get to read a single sentence of the book. Was it a secondary effect of the sacred orbs? Was Harley, the vessel, not good enough anymore to sustain the orbs? Harley had so many questions at the moment, but ignored them and smiled at Harith, letting him know he was feeling better, and that they should continue to investigate the Wind Temple before it was too late.