Arc 4 : Little Conflicts

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, Mr. Kishimoto Does.

Arc 4: Little Conflicts

The forest greeted him in full silence

The forest greeted him in full silence. Itachi hurried his way through as he still could sense the traces of the energy prior. The sounds of leaves going with the wind and his own footsteps were the ones that overwhelmed his hearing. No one in sight but only him.

He found himself running with a feeling of almost achieving something. Anyone would tell that this wasn't even worth try, but for the man himself, this was something far different and strangely important at least for him.

He kept his focus towards that certain silhouette, which was now apparently leading him towards at the end of the path. In which it seemed too short of a journey yet it felt completely different as of now.

Going through that small forest gave the man things to think off. Things that were dwelling from his subconsciousness which began to emerge once more.

The man had been silent for a long time. Anything about his past that would come up from time to time, he would immediately ignore it. He would often run away from it, the inner demons which were born the day his friend took off his own eyes and killed himself.

It didn't stop from there as he found himself stuck in between a certain conflict which continue to fuel that demon. He had to make that decision and it was choosing between the fate of his home and his whole family.

It didn't took long enough, he was in the line to witness on what's to come. Images soon began to flash before his eyes and he saw her. The man was taken off guard as he had to relive that moment again.

A lonely room lit up by the moon light, blood on the floor, and a warm fading smile in front of him.

"Thank you, Itachi-kun"

It was those final words that affected him greatly and also at the same time fueling his inner demons. How he had missed her voice, how he was still longing for a chance to see her once again.

The pain was too unbearable for him, yet he had to do it and experience it at first hand.

Itachi kept running, finding himself half way there on his journey. His mind continued to take him back to the memories. This time, it had turned into more of a nightmare.

Passing by the trees, he would soon see human figures emerging from both sides. Human figures, revealing to be people from every age, covered in blood. The only difference is that these people were the ones belong to the clan, that he had killed years ago.

Are they here to remind him again? Are the demons here to torment him again?

They were just standing there, watching him, no emotions or whatsoever. Their dead eyes glued to him as he travelled through. He wasn't sure if these were really the souls of the dead or just hallucinations.