Chapter 21

The past week has been quite hectic,I have opened up to Millie, and I was also able to avoid both Hunter and Charlie, they barely look at me,the part that hurts the most is lunch time, because I got used to having Charlie there.

I have been keeping myself busy with books and exams and studying, my parents are constantly asking me if everything is fine, and I go to school with Millie.

Millie apologized, and she said that she regrets doing what she did, I told her that I am willing to forgive her, as long as neither Charlie nor Hunter is mentioned while we're talking.

The only thing I'm worried about is the fact that Millie somehow convinced me to go to a party,since it's Halloween, and she also said that the only thing I do is sulk the whole day.

After what happened the last time,I really don't want to go,but my parents agreed with Millie, saying that I need to enjoy the time here because we're moving in 2 months.

So right now I am being dragged by Millie inside the house.

"Come on,you will have a blast in there!" Millie says while dragging me inside.

"Last I checked, I hate parties!" I told her, she just rolled her eyes.
We went to the kitchen to get some drinks, because according to Millie, I have never drank before, even though she clearly remembered the last party.

"Okay so here's your drink!" She hands me a red cup with beer. "And I will go dance!" She says and leaves before I can even say anything.

Maybe a few drinks wouldn't hurt,I have been a bit stressed lately, and getting my mind of things would really help me. So I drink the whole cup in one gulp.

My mind instantly fogs and I can't think straight, I am so going to regret this later. I go to the dance floor and start dancing, I probably look like a fool, but atleast I am letting go.
After what felt like an hour of dancing I needed to find the bathroom because my bladder is way too full.

So I make my way through the crowd, trying to look for the bathroom, and I couldn't find one downstairs so I have to go up.
The moment I climb the stairs, I see it right at the end of the corridor a bathroom, I have to do my best not to run, the doctor said I should be good in a week or so,but I still shouldn't strain my leg so much.

After doing my business in the bathroom, I walk out and bump into someone, which results in me falling on my butt.
I was about to tell at the person to watch where he's going, but when I look up I see the most mesmerising hazel brown eyes I have ever seen in my whole life.

"I am so so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you,I wasn't watching where I was going!" He says while helping me up.

"Oh no,it's not entirely your fault, I didn't see where I was going!" I say.

"I'm Nick Clegg!" He says while holding his hand out.

"I'm Stacey Craft!" I say shaking his hand.
We talk for quite some time,apparently he just moved into town,he's an exchange student from California, and he will also be joining our school.
For some odd reason, that made me really happy.
We are sitting in the kitchen, since it's a bit more quiet in here and we don't have to scream to hear each other.

I tell him my story, and I also tell him about Hunter and Charlie, I think it's the beer that I drank, but I only drank one cup.

We talk for a few more minutes until Millie walks in,her hair is all disheveled, she looks like she drank too much and she also looks like she is going to vomit anytime soon.

"Stacey you are going to drive me home!" She says while swaying and then she passes out.
Nick is by her side before she falls and bangs her head.