Chapter 4

I wake up the next day feeling so much better and I have a feeling that today is going to go smoothly. I look at the time and see that I woke up earlier than I was supposed to,so I took my time in the shower. When I was done,my stomach growled and I realized that I haven't eaten anything since yesterday's apple in the morning, I plug my earphones and dance my way to the kitchen.

My parents were already in the kitchen, my mom was busy making toast and my father was with the newspaper, I know you must be thinking that,what type of a person reads the newspaper nowadays, it's so old,but my father said that it's a good old tradition.

When my parents see me,they look kinda shocked.

"I see that you are feeling way better now! Compared to yesterday. And I would really like to meet the boy that is dating my daughter." My dad says,urgh,my mom must have told my dad about what happened yesterday.

"Dad,I am not dating anyone,and Charlie was just being nice because I wasn't feeling so good." My dad stared at my mom for a few minutes with a smile and then he went back to his newspaper.
I heard Millie's hooting so I kissed my parents goodbye and grabbed an apple, and for some odd reason I thought of the saying 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away ',I get into the car and when I look at Millie,she looks like me yesterday.

"Are you okay?" She was pissed at something, you could see it by the way she was holding the steering wheel, her knuckles were turning white.

"I'm fine!" She snapped, something is definitely bothering her,but I don't push it. We get to school and she leaves without saying anything.

I get to my locker and get all my books.

"Hey Stacey, I didn't see you yesterday after lunch." I close my locker and turn around, and Hunter is right behind me.

"I was feeling like crap yesterday so Charlie took me home." His face darkens for a second but then he is back to his normal self.

"So what do you have now,because I have chemistry and I am pretty sure I  will fail the subject." We are literally like a centimetre away from each other, oh my God,I don't think I have ever acted like this.

"I have math!" He walks me to class and then he does what I would have never,ever expected,he kissed me on the cheek and left,and I was left standing there blushing like a idiot,you must be thinking that, oh man this girl is overreacting but I have never been kissed by anyone, even if it's on the cheek.

The bell rings,and it snaps me away from my daydream,I look around and see people staring at me,I blush even harder. I make a wall of my hair around myself and walk inside the classroom.

The only thing I could think about during my classes was that,Hunter kissed me.

BREAK TIME

I was in the cafeteria, by mines and Millie's usual table,but she was nowhere to be found. I looked at Charlie and saw that he was staring at me with a worried look. I was going to walk all the way to his table,but then Charlie got up and walked to mine. It's extremely annoying how people just stare,I kinda already got used to Charlie,so it was nothing new.

"Are you okay? You look kinda worried." He was ignoring all the stares we were getting, I have to say,he is pretty good at that.

"I'm worried about Millie,she has been acting weird the whole day. And now she is just gone." I am pretty sure everyone can hear our conversation.

"I saw her by the gym when I was coming here,maybe she is still there." He gave another one of his award winning smile and walked away.

I got up and decide to make my way to the cafeteria, as I looked around the cafeteria, I noticed that Hunter was also missing.

I make my way to the gym,as I get inside the gym,I hear yelling from somewhere at the back,I tiptoe as silently as I could.
The yelling is getting louder with every step that I take, the yelling is coming from the door that leads to the outside, I lean against it for a second and then open it to see if there was someone there. When I see that there is no one,I step outside, I look around the corner and see the most shocking thing.

It is Millie arguing with someone I can't see,I lean a bit more forward and I almost lose my balance because the other person is Hunter.
Me of course, being the clumsy one, lost my balance and dropped the dustbin, I didn't wait for them to turn around and I just ran like I have never ran before in my life.

I make my way to the bathroom and take a look at my face,it looks scared and shocked and my hair is all over the place because of the running.
My lungs are lacking air and my heart is beating way too fast. I finally calm myself down and wash my face.

The bell rings,oh shit,now I am going to be late for my class. I jog to my locker and get my English book out and run to class, I enter and see Hunter sitting on a desk,I didn't know we had English together. I sat down at my desk and Hunter looked at me,and he looked different, and now instead of thinking about the kiss,all I can think of is,what were him and Millie fighting about.

The classes flew by after that,probably because I was way too distracted to be paying attention to anything around me.

Soon after,the bell rang,urgh,how am I suppose to get home now. Millie is nowhere to be found and the bus is gone,great.
I decide to walk,it should take me about 30 minutes to walk home. But then a car pulls over and ofcourse, it's Charlie.

"Need a lift!" He knew I was going to say yes.
I walked in without arguing. A few weeks ago,I would have never imagined that I would be riding home in Charlie Eastwood's car.

"Thank you Charlie for everything, including yesterday." I so badly want to ask him about Hunter but I don't really know how to put what I saw in words,so I just leave it.

"You are welcome! Maybe you could repay me by going out with me for an ice cream?" He looks so hopeful.

"I am so sorry Charlie,but maybe some other time. We have an English test tomorrow and I want to go over my work and my head is just not in the game!" Honestly, I really do want to go with Charlie, but there are 2 reasons why I am not going. One,I don't know if this is some type of his trick or something and second, the only thing that I can think of right now is Hunter and Millie.

"Shit,we have an English test tomorrow. Maybe someday I will have the honours of taking you for some ice cream!" He did a small bow in the car and I burst ou laughing because he looks so weird trying to bow with the seat belt on,a few seconds later he also joins me and we are both laughing like maniacs.

"You know,if you and Millie are going through some rough times,you could always come home with me." And he drives off,not waiting for an answer.

I stand outside for a few minutes but then drag myself to my house.

I get inside and the house is very quite,and I mean very quite.

And all of a sudden I hear something falling, I grab a kitchen knife and walk as quietly as I possibly could. I know I should probably call the police or something but I don't even know who the heck it is.

The noise came from the guest room downstairs, I peep inside and all of a sudden a cat jumped out of nowhere, I dropped the knife and thank God my feet wasn't on the way. I mentally yelled at myself for being so paranoid and decide to just go up and shower and wait for my parents.

I entered my room and almost had a heart attack because there was someone standing in the middle of my room. The person turned around and I was about to start running when I saw the person.

"Hunter"

                         ×××××××××××××××

Hey guys!

I am back!

I don't really know what to say except for

Please do not forget to vote and comment

humyyussuf❤