well kept mystery

Hook line n sinker story (lws):

Busy morning. Relaxing afternoon, but Theo is still somehow exhausted. Maybe it was all the time in the sun?

Couldn't be.

She's changed out of her bathing suit into loose clothes. It's still blazing outside, the ac is on in the house. Boxers or running shorts and her favorite Huntington beach surf t-shirt, messy hair up in a scrunchy.

Does she decide to make cookies? Dinner is premade; she just sticks it in the oven or pops it on the stove, etc. Winnie comes over at least once a week to make dinners for her during the week. She sneaks carrots wherever she can. Theo is usually too tired to notice.

Unless she isn't.

She opens her cupboards to find that Ben has been rearranging things again. She calls Lucas because Ben didn't answer. He picks up on the second ring.

"Hiya."

"Do you know where Ben is?" she let out a breath of frustration. Lucas pulled his brows together. "he's been in my kitchen."

"uh oh, what did he move?" he chuckled, drying his hands and moving to the window to see if he could spot her. Yep, she was standing in front of the sink frowning.

"Literally everything I need to bake cookies. I can't even reach it with the ladder."

"oh, fuck."

"exactly." she threw her hands up, taking a step to stand in the window, looking up at him. "So, are you busy?" she tilted her head to the side in question, lips tugged in a smile she knew he couldn't say no to.

He grabs her slippers off the bench when he walks in, having noticed that she was barefoot from the window. It was a house rule that she couldn't be barefoot or have socks without shoes in the kitchen. He still didn't know why because every time someone tried to tell him she ended up hurting them.

Levy had been the first and she'd elbowed him in the stomach pretty hard. Next had been Nate, and as soon as he'd opened his mouth she'd smacked him so hard if Lucas had blinked he would have missed it. It was still a mystery. A well-kept mystery. He'd figure it out one day, that was for sure.

He could hear her singing from the hallway and crept up to the doorway to listen, surprised to find her dancing. She spun in a circle, bumping into his chest.

"Hiya," she smiles and he swears he forgets how to breathe.

"Hi, beauty."