ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

"Fine." He looked away in defeat, which then made Hinata smile brightly. He looked at you, eyes sparkling with gratitude. 

"Thank you, L/n-san. Please stay with Tsukishima all the time. So he'll be nicer and less stingy!"

"Oi," warned your boyfriend, to which Hinata saw as a sign to get back to work.

The school day went quite well without any problems. After school, the team had to practice hard for the upcoming Spring Interhigh qualifier. Yamaguchi had a brilliant idea, which was to make you wait for them after practice while you do your work and all. Of course, he had to ask you if you were fine with it and you replied with a grateful yes. You'd rather be stuck in the volleyball gym with your friends instead of being stuck at home doing homework. 

You arrived at the gym a few minutes later with a smile. As usual, the team greeted you with enthusiasm. At this point, everyone had grown to get used to your presence. It was fun to have three girls in the gym and it definitely motivated some boys to perform better-- some boys by the name of Tanaka, Nishinoya and Tsukishima. 

Your boyfriend walked toward you with a water bottle in his hand. "You sure you'll stay here? We'll be here for a while," he asked. 

Your lips curved into a gentle smile as you nodded. "Yep, don't worry. I'll be doing my homework and I'll be watching you." Yachi waved her hand at you and so you waved back. Tsukishima pushed his glasses upward and placed his hand on your shoulder. 

"K', wait for me and Yamaguchi then." With that, the blondie ran back to the opposite end for their meeting. Coach Ukai had already allowed you to stay with them for as long as you wanted. He definitely grew a liking to you throughout the training camp. Now, he doesn't mind your presence in their practices at all. 

As you said, you sat on the empty bench and pulled out your assigned work, waiting for the time to pass by. And the time did pass by rather quickly. Just as you finished your assignment, the practice finished and it was already six in the evening. You offered to help Yachi and Shimizu clean up and they agreed. While you and Yachi talked, the exciting second year, Nishinoya, overheard the conversation. And unluckily for you, the said convo was about the news that you're finally dating your long time crush. You and Tsukishima had agreed to keep it to yourselves for a while but now that Nishinoya had overheard it, the plan has been spoiled. 

"Eh? Is that true, L/n?" You smiled but was actually panicking internally. The second Nishinoya asked you that question, his best friend, Tanaka, immediately popped out of nowhere. 

"What's true?"

"That Tsukishima has a girlfriend?--"

"S-senpai, please quiet down," you and Yachi said in unison. 

"WHAT? NO WAY?!" Tanaka exclaimed. At this point in time, you had already given up. With your palm glued to your forehead, you let out a sigh. The boys-- including the third years-- gathered around the commotion. 

"What's going on? Why are you shouting Tanaka?" asked Sugawara. 

"TSUKISHIMA! YOU DAMN FOUR EYES HOW DARE YOU GET A GIRLFRIEND BEFORE ME?!" Tanaka overdramatically placed his hand over his chest and acted extremely hurt. The mentioning of Tsukishima's name made him sigh and come over. 

"Ehh?? My boy has a girlfriend??!" Sugawara smiled sheepishly as he wrapped his arm around the blonde boy's shoulder. 

"Sugawara-san, please get off of me." 

All while this was happening, Yachi quivered and immediately apologized to you. She had been the one to ask about your relationship with your boyfriend but you were quick to reassure her it wasn't her fault. 

"Guys, really? Do we really need to overreact like this? Tsukishima has all the freedom in the world to get a girlfriend. Now, let's not be gossipers and annoy him about who it is--" announced Daichi. 

He then looked at Yachi. "Do you know who it is, Hitoka-chan?"

"Eh??" She replied. 

A long three minutes of a dispute about who was the girlfriend in question passed, and Tsukishima intelligently used this distraction to leave the gym doors with you and Yamaguchi. After you were already a few minutes away from the gym, you could still hear their voices. 

"EH?! IT'S L/N?! HINATA WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US EARLIER--"

A sigh escaped your lips. "Damn, who knew they'd get so loud over that."

Yamaguchi laughed at your comment. "It's only Tanaka-san who's loud. Actually, they made a bet about who gets a girlfriend first and apparently, Tsukishima is at the last place. Maybe that's why they're so shocked."

You chuckled, not fathoming the fact that they actually made a bet over that while Tsukishima's lips turned into a condescending smirk. 

"I'll have to ask for their money tomorrow."