The Parting of the Ways (2)

“ They called me mad. ”

- Lilly Tyler

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I quickly got changed and by the time I got back to the console room, the Doctor was striding out of the doors

I quickly got changed and by the time I got back to the console room, the Doctor was striding out of the doors. "Turn everything up. All transmissions, wide open, full power. Now! Do it!" He commanded all of the staff.

"What does it do?" Davitch questioned, obeying.

"Stops the Daleks from transmatting on board. How did you get on? Did you contact Earth?"

"Well, we tried to warn them, but all they did was suspended our licence because we stopped the programs." Davitch replied. How stupid could humans be? Very, is the answer.

"And the planets just sitting there, defenceless." And then I noticed Lynda. "Lynda, what are you still doing on board?" I looked at Davitch accusingly. "We told you to evacuate everyone."

"She wouldn't go."

"I've accepted my fate." The blonde told me. "Meeting you will let me die happy."

My eyes widened. "But..."

"No. It's fine. The family line ends with me, and that's ok. The first thing I was taught when I was little was that if I ever met you, I had to do anything in my power to help... With whatever crisis was going on at that point in time." I frowned at her. She was willing to give her life? "And to protect all of your secrets."

Before I could respond, Elaine the pain cut in. "The weren't enough shuttles anyway, or I wouldn't be here. We've got about 100 people stranded on floor zero."

"Oh, my God. The Fleet is moving. They're on their way." Davitch murmured, watching his computer screen intently.

And then the Doctor began frantically tearing wires out of the wall. The rest of us watched him carefully - not knowing how to help. "Dalek plan, big mistake. Because what have they left me with? Anyone? Anyone? Oh, come on, it's obvious. A great big transmitter, this station. If I can change the signal, fold it back, sequence it, anyone?"

"You've gotta be kidding." Jack said. We shared a look before turning back to the Time Lord. I knew exactly what he was planning.

"Give the man a medal!"

"A delta wave?"

"A delta wave!"

"What's a delta wave?" My sister asked, looking between the three of us.

"A wave of Van Cassadyne energy. Fries your brain, stand in the way of a delta wave and your head gets barbecued." I told her with a frown. "Painful, but quick, death."