Awkward Conversations

" Your face is a bit red. "

- The Doctor

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Bye guys!" I called out to everyone as I walked out of the hub after spending the rest of the week there

"Bye, Lil!" My team responded.

I walked where I knew the Doctor would be and was met with the sight of the familiar blue box. Excitement for what the next days would bring bubbled inside of me. I hoped that the Time Lord would forget about what happened last week but something told me I wouldn't be so lucky.

Without knocking, I stepped through the doors and was immediately tackled into a hug.

"Hi, Lil. The Doctor said it's only been a week for you but I don't believe him. How long's it been?" My little sister pulled away from our embrace. "What happened to your hand?"

I could tell from Rose's clothes that it was the same day for her that we had met the Slitheen. "Yeah, it's been a week. And...my arm's fine. It's just a fracture." I replied, a soft blush rising to my cheeks as I remembered how I got it.

"I hope you've left your gun behind. Don't think I didn't see you put it back in your bag a few hours ago." Er... "Well, a week ago for you."

I turned to Rose with a triumphant grin. "Ha! I win, Rosie!" I pointed at her.

"No, that's not fair. You have people that are friends with him." She groaned.

"Did you two bet on whether I would ask about the gun?" The Doctor rose a brow incredulously.

"Yep." I responded.

"What do you win then, Lil?" He asked.

"I get to do this. Sorry, Rose." I pulled my gun out of my bag and shot her straight in the stomach. My sister fell to the ground, unconscious.

The Time Lord's eyes widened as he stood, frozen in shock. This just made me burst into laughter. "I didn't actually kill her."

"Wh...what?"

"It was to prove a point. Don't worry, she's just asleep and should be awake in an hour or so. Might have a headache but that's about it. I don't carry gun, Doctor. Well, I do but not leathal ones. You know how much I hate it when I have to watch people die. It's an ICER, or as I like to call it, a night-night gun. Before I left the flat the other day, we made a bet that you would tell me to get rid of it. If you didn't mention it, Rose would've shot me." I explained, the amused smile not leaving my lips.

"That's not funny." The Doctor folded his arms over his chest in an attempt to look stern but that went out the window when I caught a smirk spreading across his face.