✧ Tape 0018. ✧

-ˏˋ 🔴 Tape; 0018

-ˏˋ 🔴 Tape; 0018. Playing now.

"Hey, Tom?

"Yeah, Tord?"

"Have you ever wondered how long we'll live for?"

A small giggle left the British boy as his head shook lightly. "That's just about the same as asking anyone if they've wondered what life'll be like if people can fly. Of course I have."

Tord smiled softly at Tom's playful manner. "How long, then?"

Tom had froze slightly, lips parched as he licked them. "I-I don't know? Not... vert long? Or super long?"

"Hm.. well, no matter how long we'll be standing on Earth, just remember I love you, 'kay?"

"Alright, I love you too. I hope we can always be together, y'know?"

🔴 Recording Ended ✧

-------------

Something in Tom's life assumption had haunted Tord like a dark aura as the years passed. Tom said "not very long."

But he was still breathing and moving healthily, even after all those years. To be specific, it's been 10 years.

They were 17 at the time. Tom's perfectly fine! So why is fear always growing in Tord like a cancer. Maybe he should stop watching that tape. Maybe he should burn it. Would that stop his fear? It should be able to open his screwed-shut eyes so he could look at the beauty with him. The beauty of Tom, healthy and radiant, not... crumbling away. Tom isn't one foot in the ground, why should he be cowering in a fear that has years and years to come?

Maybe the fear was because of Tom's known, past suicidal tendencies? Was Tord afraid Tom would fall back into that mindset?

Actually...

Tord shouldn't burn the tape! The thought of Tom tumbling down into severe depression again was something he could help prevent! If not prevent, maybe soothe him, be his shoulder to cry on, the warm arms to embrace him and shun him from such sweet sorrow. Not like he wasn't already.

That gave Tord a pang of confidence, a will to keep Tom safe at all times. With a smile, he got up, pacing to his lover's vacancy, for, they still lived with Edd 'n Matt. He lead on three gentle, patterned knocks on the oak wood door.

"Come in," the boy chirpped. Tord pushed the door open and looked over at Tom, grinning when spotting him on the bed, scrolling through his phone. "Oh, hey love!"

Tord stepped into the room, "heyo, my dearest, do you wanna hang in my room?"

A brow was delicately raised on Tom's soft, freckle-dusted face. "Oh? Sure." With that, he rolled over onto his feet, skipping his way to Tord. Said taller man caught and scooped Tom into his arms. He paced back to his own room as he cradled Tom. Once inside, he set the boy on the bed, going over to his old, dusty VHS player. "What's all this for, mon amour?"

"I wanted to recover some memories with you. Y'know, reminisce on the past, per say?"

He chuckled warmly as Tom's eyes sparkled. He knew his boyfriend would enjoy something like this.

"I'm up for it!"

"I know." Tord shot playful finger guns as he sifted through the box of tapes he kept. Reading every lable, brows furrowed as he tried to remember what event was held in the random number cordinations long lost. He really should've given them names instead.

It was a bit intimidating, not knowing what you're going to get in each video. Like a child opening presents. What could it be? What secrets are hiding beneath the skillfully folded, bright papers?

"Ah, here's one I could actually remember!"

Tape #0009.

With a grin, Tord slid the tape into the player, watching his TV screen bloom with blue light. After a quick, blue loading sequence, a young Tom appeared on the screen, wearing a white robe that was awfully big on him. The camera man was most likely yours truly, Tord. Tom had appeared to slump towards the ground in a sulking-like manner, crying words.

🔴 ----

"Come, gentle night! Come, loving, black-browed night! Give me my Romeo, and, when I shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars, and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night, and pay no worship to the garish sun!"

A small snicker came from behind the camera as Tom continued to preform Act III, Scene II. And whom was the audience? Stuffed animals.

Tord finally got up and moved to Tom when said boy accidentally tripped over the robe, falling onto his face. Tord lovingly held them as they laughed lke idiots, then, the recording cut.

🔴 ----

"God, I looked like a doofus!" Tord chuckled and teased,

"You are one, love."

That earned a playful punch to his shoulder. "So were you!"

Tord hummed, pulling Tom into his lap, playing with his hair and placing a kiss to his forehead. "Yeah, but you were a cute one." Tom rolled his eyes.

"Commie-"

"Jehovah's. Anyways, I love you."

Tom smiled softly; Tord always had the power to melt his heart with those three, simple words. "I love you too."

"I hope we could always be together, y'know?"

Those words didn't spook Tord as much as they usually do. They actually only powered on his senses of affection. How odd.

"I hope so too."

Thus, with a small giggle slipping from Tom's plush lips, they toppled down on the bed.

--------------------------

edit: changed the tape font back to normal text since i forgot some older devices cannot register fonts in text :^)

this was a bit short, but most people who answered my ask for requests, had asked for fluff.

this is actually an excerpt of a book im working on. no, not critical imbalances.

i put CI on hold of creation due to the lack of interest i felt to it. i dont know, maybe im just not in the mood to write about the relationship circled around sexual thirst? since CI is a book that mostly is powered on by the sin of sex, ig, since its a bdsm like story of to which they start off only being intimate through sexual interactions.

also yes,

romeo and juliet.

if you know me, you'd know i love many pieces of shakespeare's work. anyways, theres a part of a WIP story, i hope you guys liked that, since when the books out, there'll be plenty more of that :^)

i just really like the idea of looking at life through tapes.