I SORTA like you..

hey worker bees! it's honey! so this is a request by MissiePineapple so thanks for this!

here's the thing about this chapter, lovely readers. it's an au. BUT i won't say which au! i didn't want to give the oneshot au away in the very beginning so hopefully many of you would find it out as the oneshot goes on. sowwy, but I really didn't want to immediately give it away and instead see if you guys know this one from obvious or small hints! Don't worry, in the first few paragraphs, you'd probably know what this is,, so please don't comment what this au is when you know it! remember, there are always new worker bees (readers) to this book, to this family! so please don't spoil the fun of getting to find it out themselves! thanks!

aLsO they're teenagers in this because that's how the original series go (a hint)

Genre; Fluffy Duffy PUFFy (another hint)

Word Count; 862

----------------------------------

·no one's pov·

All was quiet in the main eating room. Well, besides the cries of joy and groans of dissatisfaction due to the labeling of children. What labeling, you might be asking? The labeling of a talking form of cloth! Wonderous magic, not even technology a pathetic muggle can produce!

"WOOOOOOO!"

One out of the four lengthy dining tables cheered, cluttering of silverware and swishes of fabric echoing throught the grand vacancy as many moved to form room for the new addition to fit in.

The line shortened slowly as more stepped up to the mysterious accessory, being placed and sorted to different 'teams'.

"Thomas Smith Ridgewell," the chapped and leathery lips of the coarse hat stated. The cloth went slient, thinking even without a head or mind to think! The hat scrubbed its lips in concentrate, observing the void-eyed Brit with its twining lack of eyes.

"Gryffindor!" the hat boomed, followed be squeals of delight from a table. Tom grinned, walking proudly to the rest of his kind. When seated with his two childhood friends, he got a clap on the back.

"You got in, Tom! I told you!" Edd whisper-cheered. Matt nodded, then placing his finger on his chin in thought.

"I was really expecting you to be in Ravenclaw for your.. big head. I mean that in a nice way, like your smart. Not devilishly handsome though! That's me," Matt hummed with a cheeky grin. Tom rolled his nonexistent eyes, Edd scoffing. Tom was going to throw a snarky remark, but all were shut up from the older Gryffindors. They silenced, looking back at who was next up to be sorted. The somber Brit narrowed his eyes, scoffing in disgust. He had hatred radiating off him yet, on the inside, he was terrified. He hoped the next teen wasn't sorted into their house, he was afraid of him. Just then, the sorting hat spoke,

"Tord Thornfrid Larsin! Slytherin!" the hat yelled, not even a break to think.

Tord really is sinister, Tom shivered in his head. Albeit, Tom couldn't help but blush when thinking of Tord. He watched the horn-haired man frown for a split second when meeting eyes with him, before recovering into a smirk and walking over to the table he was assigned to. The people cheered and squealed in joy, patting his back and high-fiving him. He sat with his asshole friends, chuckling darkly. The teenagers who knew Tord at other houses scoffed, murmuring things like:

"New it," and, "what a jerk," as well as, "not a surprise."

Tom wiped a sweat bead off his forehead, sighing in relief.

"Awww, Todd didn't get sorted into our house!" Matt pouted. Tom turned red-faced with anger, huffing,

"Good bloody ridens! You should be glad he's not with us!" Matt and a few others at the dining table jumped, surprised. Tord heard Tom, albeit everyone probably did, and looked over. He frowned and, of course, Edd noticed. He was the only one who knew about Tord's crush on the tiny teen. Edd returned the expression to Tord, glaring at Tom afterwards.

The Brit noticed a dark aura fuming from his left, slowly turning his head. He flinched as Edd's shadow started to tower over him. The taller had a piercing gaze, shooting dagers at Tom with a mear glance. Tom swallowed hard, a gulp noises buzzing from his throat.

"Don't be so rude Tom. I do not want to have to talk to Professor McRagnal and arrange you to be switched to Slytherin and forced to room with Tord," Edd threatened sternly. Tom blushed, panicking and nodding quickly. Edd's creepy side completely vanished in a split second, him smiling and clapping happily. "Good!"

Tom let out a shaky breath, slowly relaxing and sinking against Matt. Tom messed up Matt's robes, making him whine.

"Tim! You're ruining my beautiful appearance!" Edd rolled his chocolate brown eyes, turning his attention back to Tord. He cringed, seeing how Tord was briming with jealousy. Edd waved to the Norsk, grabbing his attention.

'Tom probably likes you, quit fuming over there!' he mouthed across the room. Tord just shook his head and mouthed back,

'How the hell do you know?'

'He blushed when I threatened him to be roomed with you!' Edd silently defended.

'And?' Edd huffed,

'He blushed when thinking about being roomed with you! Tom obviously was picturing that happening! Watch, I'll prove it to you throughout this year!'

Tord only nodded, glancing back at Matt and Tom joking about before turning around and talking to his friends once more.

"Silence!" Professor McRagnal snapped, the room going silent as her voice echoed and bounced off the walls.

"Now, let's sort the rest of these children. These are the faces of the wizarding world so, everyone, let's all settle down and show some respect. New and old youths," she ordered in a semi-calm manner.

Thus, the young adults stopped having side conversations, the unsorted no longer remained that way, and the crowds stilled boomed with excitement when welcoming a new member to their four seprate families.

Four separate families in one big, magical, whimsical Hogwarts family.

-------------------------

and there you have it folks! thats part one finished. btw, part two would probably be two years later so yEaH—

anyone know what the au is? if you do and haven't already said it, please don't comment what it is! there are always new readers to this book and i'd like them to find out on their own. but, if you've already commented, you could either keep the comment their and don't spoil it any longer or delete it. up to you. thanks anyways though!

as for the usual question, if you were to be hired as an actor for your dream acting job, what movie or show would it be? would it be one you made up or one already made? tell me in the comments!!

thanks for reading and get ready for the next part to this!