Rise of Voltron pt2

S H I R O

When the hangar door fully opened, the black lions yellow eyes flashed brightly. It rose onto it's legs, tilting it's large head up and releasing a powerful roar. The four other lions, also roared. The Black Lion glanced to it's right slightly, as if giving notice to the silent white lion.

As if he had realized the lion was inactive with no paladin, the machine turned back to face the rest of us. I heard Coran and Allura cheering through the coms, but stopping as the alarms blared.

"Oh, quiznack!" Coran exclaimed.

"Sendak is entering the Arusian atmosphere! We need Voltron now!" Allura demanded through coms.

I looked at my lion, running forward and up the stairs. The lion bent it's head down, letting me inside. Climing in, I got to the cockpit, the screens whirring to life in the shade of a light purple. I gripped the handles, tightly and my lion roared once more.

Then, he shot upwards flying through the tunnel. The other paladins and their lions followed after us, the five of us standing just within the particle barrier, analyzing the commotion around us. Fighter jets were shooting at the castle's particle barrier rapidly as the Galra Cruiser was a bit farther away.

A huge beam of purple came out from Sendak's ship, shooting directly at the castle. The barrier protected us, but the explosion surrounded everywhere, the impact causing us all to grunt and groan from the vibrations.

When things cleared up again, Hunk spoke up, "Man, those Galra guys repair things fast,"

"The barrier gets weaker with every blast!" Coran warned, "Once the shield goes down, the castle will be defenseless!"

"I can give you cover with the castle defenses for a while," Allura suggested, "but you have to form Voltron now or we'll all be destroyed!!"

"Jeez, no pressure," Hunk mumbled as the Galra cruiser shot another blast from the ion-cannon towards us.

I grunted again, fingers tightening around the handles, "Listen up Team Voltron! The only way to succeed is to give it all you've got! This looks bad, but we can do this! Are you with me?"

There was a small pause, before Hunk spoke up again, "I'm nodding. Is everyone else nodding?"

"Yes," the other three deadpanned.

"Let's do this!" I announced my lion charging forward the others following.

We ran through the barrier and Lance brought up a concern, "Uh, how?"

"Good questions," I agreed, "Does anyone have any ideas of how to form Voltron?"

"I don't see a combine into giant robot button anywhere on my dashboard," Hunk exclaimed.

The fighter jets began to fire at us as we kept running farther and farther from the castle. Thankfully, they seemed to have a bad aim.

"This is insane!" Pidge complained, "Can't they just ceasefire for one minute so we can figure this out? Is that too much to ask?"

Her lion stopped for a bit, turning around. She jumped out of the way of a blast, then jumped up and grabbed a fighter jet with her lions jaw crushing the wing. Another jet began to fire at her and she flung the first jet towards it, the two blowing up.

Lance and Keith were running somewhat beside each other, with two jets firing at them. I heard Keith mutter, 'thats it' as his lion faced them and shot both of them with the laser on its tail. Louder, he added, "we've got to do something,"

Hunk dashed to Keith shoulder butting the lions yelling, "Combine!"

I smiled slightly amused at how Keith didn't notice him approaching until his lion was shoved and rolled into the ground, yelling in protest, "Hey!!"