CHAPTER-13

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu lovelies...

I request my precious readers to pray their Salah if they haven't prayed yet before reading this chappy..

_________________________________________

Aala's pov:

From the moment he entered the room, my senses were on high alert, his proximity was the one thing I was not going to get used to ever!

My emotions were all over the place, I feel so devastated. confused. lost. hurt. pain and a tiny bit happy too because my Zain got a father but sad at the same time he couldn't meet his biological father.

When he said i look beautiful i was frozen in my spot not knowing how to react, my brain is still processing the fact that I got married and i have a husband to share the rest of my life with.

I kept zoning out all the time being remembered of the past and it clashing with my present disturbed the peace of my mind, I just wanted to round up in some corner and cry my eyes out.

I expected it to be weird and painful to accept the reality but it's far worse than what I had thought, I couldn't handle my feelings.

when he held out his hand for me to take I was going to decline it but he looked disappointed and hurt by my action and I didn't wanted to hurt anyone.

"Yes but I'm much more to you than that, why don't you ask your mama who am I?" He told him with a wink as his little brows narrowed in confusion but his question caught me off guard! It was the dreaded moment I always feared of.

"Mwama?" He looked at me for answers where I stood fiddling with my fingers, he let him down as he tugged my gown lightly to get my attention.

I squatted down to his level as I  caressed his cheek, a lump was formed in my throat as I couldn't get any words out but the eager and happy look in his eyes gave me the strength "He's your D-daddy baby! He's y-your father! " my voice stuttered as tears threatened to escape but I wiped it quickly.

His eyebrows rose an octave as he looked at him in  shock and happiness "Are you rweally my dwaddy?" He questioned curiosity filling his eyes as a smile was betraying his face. He looked back and forth between us.

He squatted down nodding at him  smiling as he engulfed him in a tight hug laughing loudly in happiness "yea... I hwve a dwaddy!" His little arms holding his neck tightly as he held him in his arms .

"Yes zain you're my son and I'm so happy too!" He told him looking directly in my eyes where I stood frozen in my spot witnessing the scene unfolding in front of me, seeing both in each others arms brought an innumerable ache in my heart which couldn't be described.

But the happiness which I saw in zains eyes made me smile too!

If things were only simple as it seems to be!

Zain couldn't stop his blabbering as we ate lunch together, he didn't want to leave his dads arms clinging to him all the time and I can see the pure joy and affection in his azure orbs.

"Why aren't you eating? Don't you like the food?" He asked looking at me as I had stopped eating and I nodded in no.

"Its good but I'm not hungry!" He looked skeptical and hesitant but nevertheless he held the rice filled spoon in front of my mouth with a small smile on his lips.

"You need to eat otherwise we won't eat too.. right my boy?"he questioned Zain with a wink "yesh Mwama you eat!" He nodded his head looking at me and I couldn't deny even if I wanted to so I opened my mouth as he fed me a spoon while grinning.