"You two have a sort of pull, to each other. Like magnets." He informed me.

I looked down, I hoped he was right. I was running out of time I could feel the human's voice in my head was weakening. He was now struggling to hang onto me.

"What happens to him once he's home?" I asked Manx, finding it odd that I never asked this question sooner.

He looked irritated at me now, he definitely seemed like the solitary type. My questions were probably annoying him. But I stared at him, pressing him for an answer.

"He will fertilise every girl in the village. Impregnate them with humans. The next generation will be born human, and balance will be restored." He sighed.

My heart dropped into my stomach, I didn't want this to happen. I wanted him to belong to me, and only me. 

"I don't think that is what happens." He added in a whisper.

I gave him a hopeful glance, praying that he wouldn't have to sleep around.

"What do you mean?" I asked, masking the shrill of jealousy that laced into my voice.

"Well, I don't think that he will come and save the next generation. I think he will change us back. The other Elders disagree though." He huffed.

I smiled slightly, I wished that Manx would be right. But I didn't want to have my wings taken from me? They were part of me now. But maybe once I'm human I wouldn't care about them, I would only be focused on him.

It was silent for the duration of the night. Our wings beating at a steady pace as we flew high above the, what seemed never-ending tree line. Dawn was beginning to approach, the sky was starting to leak with light blues and diluted reds. I could hear Manx humming, his way of celebrating the arrival of a new day. I cleared my throat and tried my handful of notes, I was a good singer. My Father had always reassured me of that. He told me that he used to get up before i awoke just to hear me sing. A picture of his soft, squared face and tinted red eyes floated back to me. I smiled and sang a little bit louder. I learned the song my mother thought me when I was small. Each family had their own song, mine was about freedom and how without it we are nothing. The tune was forever imprinted on me.

The sun broke past the horizon, and with that Mnax's humming stopped and my singing fell to a stop. Manx's surprised eyes looked at me. I basked in the moment. And gave a cocky smile.

"Kid, You got pipes." He grinned at me. It was the first time I seen him grin, and by the looks of it he needed more practice. I nodded gratefully and concentrated on finding the human. 

I cleared my mind of all thoughts and only focused for him, A tiny whisper in the dark parts of my mind. Speak to me I thought. After a few minutes silence, I felt like something was pulling me to the right. Like an invisible hand leading me. I presumed it was him.

"Manx, this way." I told him and flew in the direction that I was being pulled. He followed me without question. I think I was starting to grow on him, he wasn't so snappy with me now. 

A crushing weight stabbed into my back and I let out a cry of pain as the weight forced me to the ground. I turned myself around in mid-air and grabbed hold of a handful of brown hair. Huge brown wings tried to stop us from falling. 

"Harris!" I shouted, anger boiling through me once again. I saw his face meet with me and his golden eyes cutting through me. I curled my fist into a ball and punched him in the jaw, hearing a satisfying yelp I pushed him off of me when his grip loosened. He fell through the air and was too late to catch himself before hitting the branches of the trees.