11

Jersey

"This is what you're doing now?"

Jersey looked up from her MacBook. Her eyes peered over at the blunt that appeared in Malcolm's hand. He stood by the archway of the bathroom with a glare on his handsome face.

"Why are you going through my medicine cabinet?"

"This is what you're doing?" He repeated himself, this time with authority.

She shrugged her shoulders and said, "It's only weed."

Malcolm dropped his head as he stood there in silence. He was trying his best to remain calm. Yelling and cursing at Jersey wouldn't solve anything.

"It's only weed, but...sometimes weed can lead to other drugs." Malcolm neared her and decided to sit on the air mattress, causing her to spring up from the air pressure.

"God!" She exclaimed, gripping her computer in her hands. Jersey's eyes shot over at Malcolm, who couldn't help but to shake his head. He examined the air mattress, noticing its deflation.

"Yo, you need some furniture. You can't do shit with this air mattress."

"Excuse me, but this air mattress cost me almost one hundred dollars. It came from Home Depot!" Jersey excused her expense while pushing around on the mattress.

"You could've used the money to buy yourself a comforter set."

"And what I'mma use it on, Malcolm? The floor?"

"I could get you a bedroom set. You know it's nothing."

"No." Jersey immediately rejected while shaking her head. "I'll get it myself. I just need time to...get to a furniture store."

Malcolm sucked his teeth and said, "How about this... I'll furnish the rest of your apartment, and you can furnish your room."

Stubbornly, Jersey cut her eyes at him. Instead of speaking, she took the time to think about his offer. Letting him furnish her apartment would save her money.

"I'm only agreeing to your offer because you damaged my air mattress."

"I didn't do shit."

"Malcolm, you're what? 6'5 and two hundred pounds. All of that moving and pressing against the mattress, fucked it up last night."

Malcolm thought about how he had Jersey face down and ass up. With his knees pressed against the air mattress, he fucked her roughly due to being horny and overly intoxicated with alcohol.

"Alright, but look..." He sighed while holding out the blunt. "I want to talk to you about this. I don't want you smoking weed. Like I said, weed can lead to other shit, and you know that."

Jersey glanced over at the blunt and looked over at her computer screen.

"It helps me stay sane." She spoke above a whisper.

"I want you to stay healthy and on the right path." Malcolm shook his head and scoffed. "This won't help you stay sane, Jerse. Do you even take your medicine?"

She shook her head, stiffly. Jersey decided to stop taking her medicine altogether. She felt like the weed was helping her stay mentally sane.

"No, no, no..." He objected angrily. "Nah, Jerse. I'm not feeling this." Malcolm looked at her and narrowed his eyes. "What are you going to do once this shit stops getting you high? When it stops keeping you mentally sane?"

Jersey took a deep breath as she looked over at him.

He looked over at her and said, "I can't tell you what to do, but...think about it."