19

*I made some changes. Christmas Eve will be later.*

▲▲▲

Malcolm nodded his head as he continued to examine her body. He noticed the change but didn't say anything. Jersey's on and off mood swings, sudden dislike for certain foods, and he believed her sickness on the plane wasn't due to being in the air.

She was pregnant.

Her breasts told on her. They were naturally perky, but lately, they've been looking bigger and heavier.

Their sex was even different. It was always good to the him, but Malcolm could tell something was different about his woman. She could get wet and arouse on her own. However, she'd been producing more than enough for him to handle. The sex was incredible, and he sometimes felt like he couldn't keep up with her. She wanted his dick all day, every day.

And then there were her mood swings. She had her days when she wanted to be smothered under Malcolm, and there were days when she wanted to be by herself. Her doddery moods grabbed his attention.

Malcolm figured she was pregnant before arriving in Colorado. When the thought crossed his mind, he seemed comfortable about the possibility of being a father.

Their first conception wasn't exciting since he wasn't ready to cross that line yet. He and Jersey weren't an official couple, and he was still on his alcoholic binge.

Now, things were different.

The whole fatherhood thing terrified him a little, but he was willing to try. Although, he had his doubts on if he would be a good father. Malcolm wasn't in touch with his emotional feelings and didn't know if he could be there emotionally for a baby.

"I'm not pregnant." Jersey swatted his hand away, breaking his thoughts. She strolled over to her suitcase and dropped to her knees to rummage through her packed clothes.

Malcolm just sat on the bed in silence. He rubbed his hands together while staring right at Jersey, who seemed to be in her world. She held an indistinct expression on her face.

"How do you know you're not pregnant?"

Stubbornly, Jersey shrugged her shoulders without speaking. She didn't want to think about her menstruation and the possibility of being pregnant. Her mind was on exploring Aspen and grubbing on some good food.

"...I had a period." She pushed out while standing with her clothes.

"But..." Malcolm trailed off, running his fingers through his beard. "There's a possibility. You were sick on the plane—"

"There's no possibility!" Jersey raised her voice as a pout formed on her lips. "I had my period—cramps and all. I'm not pregnant, Malcolm. The line on my stomach is just naturally dark because I'm dark. Look at my skin." She pinched her flesh while staring at him.

Malcolm didn't match her energy. He continued to sit on the bed with his mind still on the possibility of her being pregnant.

"Are you going to get dressed?" Jersey questioned him. "Because I want to grab something to eat."

Malcolm pushed out a scoff before leaving the bed. He towered over Jersey, who was busy putting on her clothes. Instead of bothering her, he traveled to the bathroom and turned on the shower.

He peeled his boxers off and stepped right into the shower. Instantly, his chocolate skin was pebbled by droplets of water. Malcolm allowed the warm water to drench him as he continued to think about Jersey.

She was in denial.

That, he knew.

Her avoidance and sudden anger revealed that.