4

Jersey

The metal knob felt cold in Jersey's hand as she twisted it. As soon as she pushed the door open, a rush of cold wind hit her face. She looked around at the unfamiliar faces that circled the table.

Only two stood out.

CEO, owner of Givin' Back, Malcolm Sullivan and Supervisor of the Tutoring Department at Givin' Back, David Walsh.

Her nipples hardened at the sight of Malcolm and his formalness. He looked...very professional, yet modish.

The Cashmere turtleneck that showed off his large biceps. Fitting pants that suited his lower half. His Apple Watch rested on his left wrist as he went to adjust the glasses that sat on his handsome face.

Why is he so fucking yummy? Jersey asked herself as she walked further in the room. Malcolm placed his eyes on her as he picked up a stack of papers. Suddenly, Jersey felt the need to adjust herself. She cleared her throat as she neared him.

"These are the papers...for Ashanti Berkeley." Jersey announced as she slid the folder on the table.

"You're Jersey Coleman?" The Caucasian man asked Jersey as he cheesed away. He sat there in a cheap suit and stack of papers surrounding him. He had to be in his late forties—Jersey assumed. The center of his head was starting to bald and he had warts dotting on his skin.

Quickly, Jersey darted her eyes over at Malcolm who didn't pay them any attention. He was too busy reading through the folder of evidence.

"Yes, I am." She pushed out as she plastered a fake smile across her face. She grew nervous as she brushed her hand against her pants.

"Henry Phelps." The suited man continued as he held his hand out. "I'm one of the team leads here at Givin' Back. It's nice to finally meet you.

"N-nice to meet you, Mister Phelps."

"Oh, don't be so modest. Call me Henry."

Jersey just nodded her head with a descending smile, she wanted this awkward encounter to be over.

"You know." He started up, which caused Jersey to drop her shoulders. "Your name has been buzzing all through this building. I keep hearing about Jersey Coleman—the woman who gets the job done. Your students scored the highest on their midterms. Tell me, what's your secret?"

She shook her head; that annoying question was always pointed towards her.

"I show my students love and support." Jersey commented simply while looking over at Malcolm who had his arms crossed, unintentionally showing off his biceps.

"Now, if you all will excuse me. I need to get back to my work." She announced while giving them a stiff nod before leaving out of the room.

***************

A deep sigh pushed from Jersey as she shuffled through the paperwork on her desk. She ran her hand over her forehead, trying her best to stay sane. All she wanted to do was take a hot bath and crawl right in bed. However, that was not a wise choice.

She was in the middle of saving up money for her future. She didn't plan on depending on Malcolm forever. Soon, she would get her own place to live and possibly a ride.

The light taps against the door caused her to lift her head up. Jersey cleared her throat as she leaned over and said, "Come in."

The door pushed open and in walked her boss. He still looked handsome and well-kempt. He placed his eyes on her as he chewed on a piece of gum.