7

"You're full of surprises." Malcolm managed to speak as he checked out Jersey's vehicle. The black Hyundai didn't have a scratch on it. He had no idea that she'd purchased a used vehicle.

Everything seemed brand new—but it wasn't. The leather interior was neat, and it had a weird plastic smell on the inside.

Jersey knitted her brows as she watched Malcolm check out her ride. He was checking every single thing. The outside painting and everything else. He even did further investigation on the inside.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Jersey questioned him as she watched the nonchalant expression on his face. Malcolm the savage was back, and he was ready to prowl and attack.

"Just how it sounds..." He was stiff with his words and that didn't seem to affect her. Malcolm sniffed, leaning over to check out the air that smelled horrible. "Car smells like burnt plastic—the fuck?"

"You don't seem too happy about my decision." Jersey blurted out as she checked her surroundings. Air pushed from her lips as she folded her arms in the chilly weather.

Malcolm looked up at her and said, "There you go...trying to read me again." He stood up from the driver's side of her car and closed the door shut. "I'll never rain on your parade. This is all you, congratulations baby."

That little praise made Jersey smile sheepishly. However, she wasn't sure if he was being genuine about it. He didn't crack a soft nor soften up his facial expression.

"Thanks...this is something I've been wanting for a while now. My own car." Jersey pushed out.

Malcolm swiped his nose as he peered down at Jersey, scrutinizing her no with those light eyes of his. Those feline eyes matched the lion's eyes in her dream.

"I guess you won't be needing Amber."

"Nope." She replied with relief as she shook her head.

He shrugged his shoulders as he handed over her keys. "Lock it up."

With the tap of the Fob, Jersey was able to lock her car. She smiled to herself while trying to wrap her arm around Malcolm's torso. They began their walk towards the building.

"So, you been saving up your money for that ride?" Malcolm questioned her as they made their way inside the toasty lobby.

"Mm-hmm." Jersey hummed with a smirk glued to her face. Discussing her accomplishment with Malcolm did make her feel happy. She was just excited about finally being able to buy herself a car.

When they stepped on the elevator, she glanced over at Malcolm who looked as if he had a lot on his mind. He stood there with one hand clasped over the other as he leaned on the rail. He wore lounging clothes with a durag tied around his head.

"Are you okay?" Jersey asked him while taking in a deep breath. The elevator wasted no time accelerating, causing her to check her surroundings.

Malcolm, on the other hand, wasn't bothered by the lifting machinery. He was too busy trying to figure out how Jersey was able to afford the car parked outside. He ran his hand across his hairy chin as he stood there in deep thought.

He shrugged his shoulders, finally answering Jersey's question. "Nah."

"Nah." She reiterated, looking around. "What's going on? What's the problem?"

Ding!

The elevator doors slid open, causing Malcolm to walk out. He didn't wait on Jersey at all. Instead, he walked towards his apartment and pulled his key out. Malcolm wasted no time unlocking his door.