Chapter 17~~ Snail? *gasp* (Sky)

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SNAIL KILLING AND MAGICAL-DEATH-SPIT SPRAYING. 

Sky slowly opened his eyes, blinking slowly.  he tried to move his head but his horns were tied down, as were his arms and Wings. His tail dangled from his body, barely reaching the floor.  "Hello?" He said in Dragon, hoping someone was there. Someone other than the dragon who had locked him up.

No one responded in Dragon, although he did get a very loud "IT'S AWAKE!!" from outside the cave in Human. Shortly replied by a  "WINGS ABOVE I WAS PAID FOR THE SHIFT WHEN IT  WAS ASLEEP!

"Hello?" He tried again, this time in Human. 

"IT EVEN TALKS!" Came another reply from the same voice. then another, "No, It must be another human in that cave." then this time a new voice, gruffer than the others, "just open the door snail-brains."

"Snail?" Sky couldn't help but pipe up to his favorite word.

Then a trembling guard that very much reminded Sky of a porcupine (soooooo cute! except for the spikes. it would be cuter with the spikes) walked in, holding what looked like a spear, similar to the ones that the scary sand dragons poked him with. 

"I won't hurt you," Sky said in Human, although the guard kept trembling all the same. 

"Just knock him out for moon's sake!" came the gruff voice again.

The porcupine-human  looked out at the door and said., " I don't want to go near! It could knock me out with its tail!" 

"I DON'T CARE, JUST DO IT! OR I'LL THROW YOU OUT OF THE INDISTRUCTABLE CITY!" 

"Yes, your majesty. sorry. I was just startled at first." The poky guy said again. 

Sky tried to hide behind his tail, since it was the only thing he could move, very much wishing that he was a turtle, or a... a.. snail! there was a  snail climbing on the leg of the guard! IT was sooo cute! it peeked its antenna into a hole in the guard's pats, then poked it back out, and hid in its shell again ignoring the guard, who had barely begun to inch towards Sky, Sky reached his tail out as far as it could go until it was almost touching the snail. The guard yelped and leaped back, AND THE SNAIL FELL OFF! It fell hard on the ground and didn't move. 

no. Sky thought.  No, IT CAN'T BE DEAD!  NO!    Sky started to whimper, then felt tears slowly inching their way down his snout. He poked the snail with his tail, hoping that it would react, but his thoughts were foolish. He felt like Shriveling up into a ball and disappearing. The snail was dead. DEAD. It was the most horrible thing he had ever seen. worse than the Snail Wing guards cooking it, without a bit of remorse. Then The guard looked at the snail and.. and STOMPED IT. WITHOUT A BIT OF GUILT. he even looked PLEASED. Sky couldn't help himself. He started to cry. Full-out bawling. He looked at the helpless pile of shell and mush, and it only got worse. 

"HOW- " He sniffed, then tried to reform his words again. "HOW COULD YOU!?" he roared in Human. "THAT SNAIL DON NOTHING TO YOU!" he started to cry some more, and eventually was able to form more words. "AND YOU- YOU SHOOK IT OOF! AND THEN YOU- YOU-   YOU SMOOSHED IT! " His roaring got loud enough for a good reaction from the Guard. 

The guard's face went from surprised, to even more surprised, to confused, then guilty, as Sky Rambled on a and on about the TERRIBLE THING that this guard had done, and how he should be VERY DISAPPOINTED, although Sky wasn't sure how much the guard understood, since he was also crying and slipping some dragon words in there. 

eventually, he got the guard to do a burial for the snail, then promising he would never hurt another snail again although Sky suspected that it was just because he was afraid that Sky would breathe fire at him if he didn't. 

Sky's crying was cut- not short exactly since it went on for what seemed like hours,  but the guard had to leave when a loud bell rang through the city, and people started screaming. Sky guessed what this meant. Either, A, a dragon was attacking the village, or, B, WREN was attacking the village with another dragon.  He guessed that it was the first option, although he desperately hoped it was the second. Sky REALLY wanted to get out of this cave with the snail-killing porcupines. 

He broke out of his thoughts when an agonized scream came from the hallway, followed by another, then another. he then heard a voice, WRENS'S voice, yell, "WHERE IS HE??" and then a dragon saying, in an accent that sky had never heard before,  "No WONDER your friend got captured by these. They are so SPIKEY, and without any natural defenses, it makes sense that he is trapped."

"My Sky is PERFECT, even if you have your magical death spit, HE. IS. PERFECT."

"Thanks- Thanks, Wren!" Sky called through sniffles. 

"SKY!" Wren yelled and immediately ran into the room, Then started to look very, very angry. "I HATE THIS VILLAGE! I! HATE! THIS! VILLAGE! HUMANS ARE TERRIBLE! MARUKABLABLABLAHOW-TO-PRONOUNCE CAN YOU- Can you go grab the invincible lord? he probably is the on waring all the treasure, and surrounded by hu- by scavengers wearing the poky armor.  she took a few deep breaths, then yelled "I HATE HUMANS!"

That last part was in Human, Sky guessed to scare some villagers away. 

"Yeesh," Ivy said, appearing next to Wren. 

"Not you," Wren said, holding her hand out, as Ivy dropped a long silver necklace in it/. "Thanks"  She then slid the chain over her head and disappeared. 

"I'm just going to hope that that is normal?" Sky said To ivy. 

"Yup. Don't Worry" Ivy responded. 

"Ok good."

They sat around awkwardly since Wren usually was the one who carried the conversation.

"Um." Sky broke the silence. "can you maybe help me get out of these chains?"

"OH! Right. Sorry," Ivy said, jumping to her feet and grabbing one of the spears that a guard dropped., and shoving it into one of the locks, not unlocking it, but completely destroying the lock. 

"Thanks," Sky said. Lust then another guard came in, With a spear, but immediately dropped it when they saw the dragon lose. At Leat, That's What sky thought. But the Guard immediately Ran Towards Ivy, Completely Ignoring Sky. 

"Ivy?" The Guard said, bending down. Another Guard came in, but Immediately got a spear in the chest from the other Guard.  The guard then lifted her helmet and looked at Ivy in the eyes.

"Mother?" Ivy said

not Daffodil, Foxglove, or  Violet, (sorry) they have spots in the plot later on, though. Stay tuned!