Chapter 8 ~~ Leaf, Sky, Who Else do They Lose?

Wren had tied Undauntable up and had strapped him to Sky's back, which got her lots of complaining from both of them.

"Wren! Why does he have to ride on my back? He just keeps complaining!"

Undauntable mumbled complaints, muffled my Sky's scales.

"It's fine, Sky. Just ignore him. what we really need to discuss is, oh, I don't know, THE FACT THAT THE STRONGEST HUMAN CITY IN THE WORLD HAS A BOUNTY ON YOUR HEAD."

"OH. Right. That," Sky said sarcastically.

Since when Is Sky sarcastic?" Ivy asked

my sky's all grown up! Wren thought. No. that's not it. he's... becoming more like me? Do I want that? wait, yes! Sure! Everythings Going to be fine!

Ivy said she had been unusually quiet the past few days, Which Wren suspected was because Leaf was gone.

"Why is that anyways, Undauntable? oh." She realized. "Sky, Can you make him able to talk?"

"oh. Right"

"THANK you, m'lady. Now. remember those gifts you gave me as a sign of our relationship?" He grinned Smugly

"Forget it, Sky. Feel free to tie him up again"

"WIAT!" Those dragon scales! predicraby from this wild man-eating beast here," he saidspeaking over wren as she laghed at 'Man-Eating creature'

"What of them?" Sky asked, defensively

"Well, ever since you showed off that you control dragons in your hometown."

"Not my home," Wren muttered angrily

"We had a- a..."

"A WHAT?"

"A spy there, and my father saw the scales, pieced it together, and I tried lying to him but now there's a bounty on your and your Pet's head I'm sorry. But It doesn't really matter because you have ME right?"

Wren thew a book at him, saying things that were best left unsaid.

"Nevermindthen" he mumbled, rolling his eyes but still looking fearful, wich Wren found very satisfying.

>>~~~<<

Wren had been on "watch-Undauntable-so-he-doesn't-give-away-our-location" duty, While Ivy and Sky were looking for berries.

"So, m'lady-"

"Don't call me that" Wren snapped

"Well, I was going to say, I understand why you chose to not be a part of the food party."

"So That I'm able to kick your *** when you try to escape?"

"No," Undauntable said, surprised. "You would never do that. I meant... some time alone between the two of us." He grinned smugly at Wren, who very much wanted to kick his *** right then.

Unfortunately, Ivy ruined that for her.

"WREN! WREN!" Ivy was running through the woods to them

"What!" she said a little harsher than necessary turning her head towards IVy. But she realized why Ivy was yelling before Ivy said it.

"They took Sky. and they sent another search party out to look for you."