Chapter 3 ~~ uh-oh. (Wren)

Author's note: This song is how I picture Undauntable in Dragonslayer, except without the wig. :)

Wren ran through the woods to Sky, who, apparently, hadn't heard Leaf's cry, thanks to a snail squiggling over his talons.

"SKY!" Wren shouted, "SKY! QUICK! LEAF'S BEEN TAKEN BY AN ICE WING! SKY!"

Sky sat up abruptly "What?? Where are they going?!"

"I DON'T KNOW!-- WAIT, THE MOUNTIAN, I THINK!! HURRY!"

"Rrg, you don't have to yell, I'm right here.  Climb on! Wait, where's Ivy!?"

"I THINK -oops, sorry, I think she's frozen in shock after watching her future boyfriend taken!"

"Wait, WHAT?"

"Just go! She's over there!"

Sky ran through the forest with Wren on his back, (wren very nearly being smacked by branches more than 6 times) grabbed Ivy as he was running, spread his wings, and launched himself into the air. It seemed he was flapping as fast as he could, chasing after them, but the Ice Wings had already disappeared into one of the caves.

>>~~~<<

"You have that friend, right?" Ivy asked. They were sitting at the base of Jade Mountain brainstorming ways to rescue Leaf, if he even was still alive. "That prince that likes you? Maybe he could help us." 

 Wren whipped her head around to glared at her.

Ivy had been suggesting random things for a while, but this, Wren thought, was the stupidest idea yet.

"What?"

"If I go there again, he will literally send guards and force me to marry him."

"Right, of course. But still..."

"Wait." Sky interrupted, sensing an argument. "If Ivy goes with you..." he trailed off, knowing Wren would finish his sentence.

"Then two of us could get captured! Wow, good thinking Sky!" Wren said in mock cheerfulness.

"No, because I would be hiding nearby, and you could call for me, and I burn him to a crisp!"

"You don't have fire, Sky."

"I know,"  he responded, matter-of-factly.

Wren sighed.

"What about the golden dragon?" Ivy added on suddenly. "What if she can help us?"

"What do you mean?" Wren questioned.

"Well, if we could find her, she could help us find the dragon who stole Leaf, we don't go to undauntable, boom, end of the story. "

Wren paused. 

"Ok. Fine. let's go look for your dragon."