chapter 1

Reality struck me so hard that i couldn't even save one life. My older brother Brent died by protecting me and my brother teal, i was 17 at that time and my parents were at a pack meeting. me and my brothers were playing with my dad's board game until we heard glass shatter so we all went downstairs only to find a rival member in our home.

Everyone was busy with the meeting that they never even noticed our enemies in our borders. The rival member saw us and got up, our brother told us this "go get the alpha" i shook my head i couldn't leave my big brother alone with him. He gave me the precious smile before turning into his grey and black wolf and he let out a warning howl. I think our pack heard as more howls were in the distance, my brother teal couldn't see the member anywhere we were at a disadvantage "teal i need you to run as fast as you can" i told him as i turned into my white grey direwolf which was kinda larger than the member and my brother

I could hear teal running until i couldn't no more. I let out a huge howl indicating that we were in danger, but Brent was nowhere to be found until he was flying across the room and flew right into me "i told you to run tristan!" He said through our mind link. I shook my head and let out a warning growl to the other wolf, and it all went black

I could hear the heart monitor and a couple other machines around me until i heard voices "----tristan was lucky to even survive the attack but im afraid brent has died sir" the man said i could hear my mother crying she lost her oldest son due to me it was all my fault. "No" i muffled as i opened my eyes "no no" i said, i lifted myself up and got up "brent" i muttered i didn't even hear the voices behind me as i continued walking "he's not dead" i whispered as i sniffed the air for his scent.

******
I found his scent minutes later, i opened the door seeing his body covered up with a white sheet. "Brent!" I yelled. I could feel arms grabbing me as i screamed and cried my brother's name "no let me go brent!" I screamed. The nurses had to sedate me "----he shouldn't have to go through this, he just lost his brother and Lyle's not around Acosta i don't want to lose him" my father whispered.

{2 years later}

I've grown stronger. I even forgot about my brother's death but i knew one thing was that Lyle was my alpha and my mate yeah uhh no lyle was 18 when my brother's death happened a 20 year old who i supposed "matured" over the summer while visiting his brothers while i had no one until i stumbled upon Lucille hallow who was a witch and a wolf. Lucille was careful about me but over the time we grew into best friends that she trusts me. "Tristan?" She spoke. "Hm?" "Do you ever miss your brother?" She asked "yeah yeah i miss brent he was actually the best oldest brother you could ever ask for" i told her as i leaned against my chair.

"Do you think he's watching you from heaven?" She said. I gave her a warning stare until i said "yeah i suppose he is", Lucille was the sweetest girl here even my parents love her. The bell rung and students were getting there stuff "don't forget your homework is due tomorrow and work on that project!" Our teacher yelled as we exited the class.

"Mr. Black miss hallow a word please" a man asked as he stood by his office "the principal" lucille muttered as she looked at me.

****

"Some of us here are wolves you two know that right" he said as he locked the door "yeah yeah we do" Lucille said as she sat in the chair. "Okay well your new alpha that's returning needs to know the school rules" he spoke as he sat on the black chair looking at us "no disrespect sir but lyle isn't my alpha" Lucille mumbled "i know i know miss but your alpha tristan he needs to know our rules" he said as he looked out the window.

"I can't do anything about that sir" i told him, he looked back at us two "okay I'll speak to his father then you two are dismissed" he said as me and lucille grabbed our things and exited his office.