🌊 XV 🌊

"Do not fear the waves for they are the breath of life"

15|SOME MEMORIES CANNOT BE FORGOTTEN

"A King does not bow before his subject. Rather the subjects bow before the King" The famous words which Isolde's father often said and there does not come a surprise that in her childhood she used that sentence. Never knowing that the Queen and the King's own children are also his subjects which means that they bow before him. The first time that Isolde was forced to bow down before her own father will forever remain a horrid day. Not only was a storm raging outside the castle but there were also rumors about a scandal in the castle, involving the Royal family themselves.

The Princess was barely five years old when guards had walked into her bedroom, forcefully taken her out of her bed and into the hallways. She can still remember the fear that went through her body as she was thrown into the Throne room and forced to kneel before her father. The pain still present inside her mind as she landed on the stone ground. As soon as her head had looked up from the ground, the first thing she saw was her father. He was angry. Isolde has always been a smart child and even smarter with the years that grew by and she knew that when her father was angry, it was best to stay away.

Yet that day she could not stay away. Her father had ordered all but her to leave the Throne room so as she stood up from the ground and stared at her father, the fear still visible from her eyes she did not know what was about to happen. The fear is the only thing that kept her from doing anything wicked as she was known to do. Isolde's pale green eyes stare at her father as he sits on his Throne. She cannot remember what went through her head but she must have wondered where her mother and older sister were.

The little girl's fear is what has stayed with her throughout the years. While she loves her father and she knows that he loves her, there has always been this fear of him which she cannot seem to shake off. That day he stared at her from his Throne for what felt like hours until he clears his throat. Sending her gaze which had fallen to the walls, on him. "Do you know why you have been called here?" He asks her. Even after all those years the Princess can still recall the words that he had spoken, each and every word.

Never had Isolde been taken out of her room like the way that she was and brought to her father. He had always requested for her if he needed her which wasn't that very often, and even if it did, she would be with her mother and Elizabeth. And even then it would be not on a time that the girl would be recovering from illness which she had been fighting during the past week. Her nightgown hanging from her body and her face still sickly pale despite her in perfect health now but the illness had taken a lot from her body and she needed to rest.

Isolde shook her head at her father's question but as soon as she had done so the regret takes a hold on her. "No, father. I do not know why" She speaks. Knowing that a lady should always answer when spoken to. Isolde can remember that she hated those rules, even when she grew up. The hatred for the way that she was supposed to act remained and everyone knew about it, though she did not exactly hide it either.