thirty-one..

Maddison

"B*tcchhhhhh. I'm so happy for you! Yall are perfect for each other. I'm the maid of honor right?" I said before glancing over at Adrianne. We decided to have a girls luncheon and go over wedding ideas. I can't believe my bestfriend is getting married. I was beyond excited.

"Don't be side-eyeing me. I'll be the matron of honor, I'm married fool."

"Oh, I'm just checkin. I thought I was gon have to fight you girl," I laughed, playfully hitting her arm.

"Enough, you too," Leah laughed, drinking her margarita.

"Okay. Okay. So when do you want to have this magical wedding?" Adrianne asked.

"Well, Ant wants to be apart of the planning, so...soon? I mean it won't be big because face it, the only friends I have are you two."

"This is true," Adrianne nodded. "Okay colors."

"Purple and turquoise..."

"Oh, cute. How about your dress. Do you know what kind you want?" I asked stuffing chips and salsa in my mouth. I was hungry as hell and the waiter was taking too long.

Leah was hesitant. "Uh, yeah, I actually already have one."

My face frowned. "Say whet now?"

"Yea, what she said..." Adrianne added.

Leah straight faced us. "I'm wearing my grandmother's wedding dress clowns. Her and my grandfather were married 57 years before he passed away." We both took a sigh of relief. I thought for a second my bestfriend was one of those crazy broads that buy dresses before they even get engaged to.

"Girl, you scared me. I thought I was gon have to check you into the nut house," Adrianne laughed.

"Get out my head Adrianne. I was just thinking that."

"Ha. ha. Ha. Very funny," Leah said sarcastically. She grabbed a chip and broke it in half, throwing it at me and Adrianne, which only made us laugh again.

"Just rude. Geesshhhh. Engagement has changed you," I teased. she tried to keep a straight face but failed. "I hate you, just so you know."

"Girl-" I was about to tell her I love her too when my phone vibrated. Looking down, it was the call I had been waiting on.

"I gotta take this. It's my job," I said, excusing myself from the table. I stepped outside, off the the side where no one was.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Shannon calling from Dr. Stephens office. Is this Maddison?"

"Yes. This is she."

"Is there anyway you could come in this week?"

I froze. Only time they tell you to come in is when something's wrong. If I contracted anything, I was kill Randy's a**. He think I talk crazy but I'm all about bussing his head to the white me if he playing me.

"Uh, is something wrong?"

She laughed but I for one was dead a** serious. "No ma'am, you need to pick up your prescription."

I sighed, holding my hand over my heart. "Oh, okay. Yea, I'll be there in about....30 mins?" She said okay and we ended the call. I sent Leah a text saying I had to go and that I'd call her later before heading to my car.

As soon as I got in, my phone rung. Looking at the screen, it was Randy.

"Hi, sweetie."

"Wassup ma. Where you at?"