two..

Ant

"Dang! You blowing a nigga or whatever," I said to Wes, hopping back over the fence. He just brushed it off.

"Whatever. I hope you got the number, as long as you took."

I rolled my eyes. I swear this nigga be hating. "Is you mad...or nah?" I joked. Wes is my boy. He know I'm just messing with him. He flipped me off.

"My nigga let's play."

-

After we finished the game, I dapped everybody and went in the house. I walked into the kitchen to get me something to drink when I saw my sister Adrianne sitting at the table on the phone as always.

"Girl he slept with who? Aw hell nah she nasty. You way prettier than her tho." She must be talking to her best friend Pepto-Bismol. "Is that Pepto?" I asked sitting down across from her. She rolled her eyes. "Ha name is Patrice! & yes." She went back to conversing with Peppermint Patty.

I excused myself to go and take a shower. I washed up and took care of my hygiene before getting out. I wrapped a towel around my waist and went into my room. I was grabbing a pair of boxers when I saw KyLeah thru my window. Our rooms are right across from each other. She was laughing at Kirsten who was dancing. Her smile made me feel some kind of way. I smiled then went back to finding me something to lay around in. I don't need her to catch me staring like I'm a stalker or something.

After putting on some sweats, I laid out some clothes for school tomorrow. I decided to go with some dark blue jeans, a white Polo shirt & my all white Air Force Ones. I was laying across my bed when Adrianne came in my room without knocking.

"Ant can I have $20 dollars?" She asked bluntly. I nodded yes and pointed on my dresser. She grabbed a twenty and walked out. "Can you knock next time?" I said as she walked out. She smacked her lips and slammed my door. I rolled my eyes and turned on the tv.

It was about 8:30 when my phone beeped indicating I had a text. It was a strange 818 area code. I started not to check it then I remembered KyLeah.

K- Hi. It's Leah.

A- Wassam. Wyd?

K- Nothing. Just got out the shower.

A- Word? Let me see.... 😏 lol. Jk

K- ......

A- Haha. I'm just playing mamas. That's not me.

K- Smh. Okay. Well I'm just giving you my number. I gotta go. Kirsten is calling me but I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight.

A- night mama 😉

I put my phone on the charger and rolled on my back. Tomorrow not coming fast enough.

*Next Day*

KyLeah

It was 7:15 & I had just finished putting my hair in two french braids. It's my first day at this new school so I had to be right. I wore a white pair of distressed skinny jeans with a green button down shirt & my green & grey Air Max. I felt confident that I was going to have a banging first day. I looked myself over in the mirror once more before going downstairs.

Kirsten was sitting on the couch watching cartoons. She wanted to wear a skirt so that's what she wearing. A khaki skirt and navy blue shirt with her white & navy Retros.

"You ready lil mama?" I asked grabbing her backpack as well as mine. She jumped off the couch, fixing her clothes, and we headed out the door. The school was only 2 blocks away, hers right across the street from mine.

"I'll pick you up right here after school, okay?" she smiled and held up her pinky. I smiled as I grabbed her pinky with mine, accepting the promise. I kissed her cheek and shoo'd her toward the door of the preschool, before jogging across the street to my high school.

I made it to the attendance office as the bell rung. I asked the secretary for my schedule. She printed it out for me as well as a hall pass. I walked out and down the hall to home room. I walked into the class that was extra loud. The door somewhat slammed behind me causing everyone to look in my direction. It got so quiet you could hear a pen drop.

"Dang!" A chick yelled out. Well this is awkward I said to myself. I walked over to the teacher, who didn't seem to be paying attention, and handed him my pass. He cleared his throat before speaking. "Okay class, this is...uh.." "Ka-lee-Ah," I said slowly. I mean gosh it's not that hard to say. "This is Miss McGee, she's new here from California?" He asked surprised. I shook my head and gave him the 'don't ask' look.

"Okay. You can take the empty seat right next to Mr. Staten. Raise your hand Mr. Staten."

I looked up to see a hand go nonchalantly in the air. It was all the way in the back of the class too. I sighed as I walked toward the person who kept their hand up. He had his head down but he looked cute and his fit was fresh af. I sat down and had to look at the back of some chick head. I was really annoyed because her tracks were showing.... Like girl you need to fix that.

"Hey can I borrow I pen?" The guy sitting next to me ask. I mentally rolled my eyes as I handed him one. He slick grabbed my hand with made me actually look at him. "Hey gorgeous!" He said smiling from ear to ear. I put my hands on my cheeks covering my blush.

"Hey Ant....."

-----------------