twenty-eight..

KyLeah

"Leah, I think it would be good if you went. It'll give you closure ma," Ant said laying his head in my lap. Today was my uncle's funeral and I was on the couch playing Call of Duty. I worked out early this morning, came home and showered, so I had no intentions on going anywhere.

"Nope, he's dead. That's all the closure I need."

"Have you went to see your moms?"

"Nope."

He sighed, taking the joystick out of my hand. I tried to snatch it back, but he grabbed my hand, gripping my wrist and twisting it.

"Aahhhh, Ant let go! That hurts," I whined tryna pull my hand from his grip.

"I don't care. You gon quit that sh*t. I'm not putting up with your attitude today. You going to this funeral. Now get up and go get dressed!" He stood up and pointed to the room. I just sat there and looked at him crazy then stared at the tv.

"You hard at hearing?"

"Nah, but you are cause I clearly said I wasn't going."

He grabbed my face and turned it so I was lookin him in the eye. "I don't know who the f*ck you think you talking to, but let's get this clear. You gon watch your tone wit me, understand?"

He let my face go, walking to my bedroom and closed the door. I could here him tossin stuff around but I didn't care. I don't care to see him. What I need closure for? He's dead. I can't ask a dead man why he did what he did to me.

"Dress or skirt?" Ant came back in the living room holding up two potential outfits. Lord be with me.

"I'm not going..."

"That's not what I asked you..."

"Why you want me to go so bad?"

"Cause ya need closure..."

I sighed deeply, getting pissed. "No I don't. What I need is for everybody to stop asking.... Leah you okay? Leah how you holding up? It's going to be okay Leah...just let me grieve in peace! D*mn!"

I let the tears fall as I ran to the bathroom, slamming the door behind me. I sat on the bathroom floor, crying, wit my knees in my chest. I hadn't had any sleep. I haven't been to work or class. I haven't been eating. I was depressed.

Ant came in and sat on the edge of the tub. He ran his hand thru his curls and down his face. "Leah baby, you can't keep that bottled up inside you mama. It's not good for you health and it effects all of us."

"How? If yall would just leave it alone....."

"Leave what alone KyLeah? The fact that this whole week when I've tried to show you any affection, you freak out like I'm tryna hurt you, or everytime I touch you, you flinch. That don't effect me? That the woman I love, that I'm in love with, acts like she scared of me. Like I'm gonna do something to you." He scoffed with a laugh as he stood up.

"Yeah, I get your point there. It's not even my problem to care about you cause obviously you don't care about your d*mn self." He walked out the bathroom and slammed the door. I sat there, feeling stupid. I was pushing him away. Wiping my tears, I got up and went into my bedroom, looking at the dress he picked out laying on the bed, with black heels beside it.

Ant was right and I was being difficult. I did needed closure. I did need to go and watch my abuser be buried six feet under. Running my hands thru my hair, I glanced at myself in the mirror. I looked how I felt. I picked up my foundation brush, tapping it against the dresser.