Mission Cheer Up Clara, is a Go!

Start from the beginning

Ithlilen: I just called Jo! Josiah Smith -Wieners is coming to our house to make Clara laugh! Of course his mothers are making Naomi accompany her little brother but Naomi and Clara are best friends...so...seeing her shouldn't hurt anything....hopefully....

Raph: *shrugs unsure*

Ithlilen: I'm sure everything will work out great! What could go wrong?

..................................

*Knock on front door*

Cady: Whose that? *goes to answer the door*

(Josiah and Naomi stand on the other side both immediately looking into Cady's eyes...which admittedly made her slightly uncomfortable. Karen and Gretchen taught their children that eye contact is vitally important)

Cady: O-Oh! Hello...I wasn't aware you two were coming over—

Josiah: *offers his hand* Hi there, nice to see you again! I'm so excited to be here to cheer up your sad daughter!

(Josiah had just turned 10, he is always dressed in brightly colored suit jackets and ties. He has always had a very bright and energetic personality, one that often caught people off guard and made him seem weird. However, he is mostly known as one of the best child comedians in the town.)

Cady: *looks taken aback* Wait—what?

Josiah: Ithlilen had called me and requested I come help Clara cheer up! I would have come alone but my Mommy and Mama said my older sister here must come with me.

Naomi: *fights an eye roll* Need I remind you I am just as bothered by this arrangement as you seem to be, Josiah Gunnar? However, as the oldest sibling it is my duty to ensure your safety whilst on the street.

Josiah: *chuckles* There is no need to be upset, dear sis! I believe all Clara needs is a few minutes of good old comedy and she'll be back to her old self!

Ithlilen: *comes into the room* Jo! Omi! Welcome aboard!

Josiah: 'Tis a pleasure to be aboard! Now, where is this sister of yours?

Ithlilen: In her room. Don't worry, I'll take you up there.

Josiah: That would be much appreciated! Just so you know, I wrote a whole set for today! I'm really bringing everything I have for this performance!

Ithlilen: Awesome! I'll lead the way—

Cady: Ithlilen. May I speak with you for a moment?

Ithlilen: Huh? *looks to Cady, then back to Josiah* I guess so...Be right back, Jo.

(Cady takes him into the kitchen out of earshot of the Smith-Wiener children)

Ithlilen: What's the deal, Mommi-o?

Cady: The deal is...you shouldn't bother Clara right now. She needs time...she needs time to heal on her own. As nice as it is for you to want to help her...unfortunately a broken heart isn't something that can be gotten over in the snap of a finger....or at the very least a real broken heart isn't.

Ithlilen: But Momma—shouldn't we at least try? I know she loved Jericho....and had for years but...hiding in her room under her blankets isn't going to help her...it's going to prolong her sadness!

Cady: I understand what you're saying, hon, really I do...but as funny as little Josiah is...I don't think his act will be able to completely cheer her up.

Ithlilen: No...maybe not....but it may at least make her smile or even laugh! And....isn't that something? Even if it's only a snicker? Isn't that an improvement from crying?