Chapter Eight ~ Candycane?

En başından başla

:) I'm on my way to school. See you there?

Todoroki:

Yes, I'll see you there.

Me:

What do you think we're doing for class today?

I didn't get an answer. I shrugged and put my phone back in my blazer's pocket.

I skipped along the sidewalk, my wings flowing back and forth with the motion of my arms. I hummed a little tune as I did so, my lips vibrating with every note.

Soon enough, I reached UA. For some reason, I felt like something bad was going to happen today, but for a good reason. I couldn't quite explain why, though.

I hurried inside the building and found my way to 1-A. "Good morning, everybody!" I announced as I stepped into the classroom. The whole class turned their attention over to me. I was on my way over to Ochaco and Midoriya, who seemed to be in a deep conversation about some pro hero. But I noticed Todoroki sitting at his desk, his nose buried in a textbook.

I stode over. "Studying on the second day? Are you really that much of a nerd?" I teased, grabbing the book from his hands. He looked up at me with a bored look in his eyes, until he realized it was me.

"Oh. Akiara." He then added in a lower voice, "How are you feeling?"

I nodded. "Oh, don't worry about me. I've fainted before."

He gave me a sympathetic look.

I stuck out my tongue. "No gloomy faces in my presence, Elsa."

Todoroki raised a confused eyebrow. "Elsa?" He questioned.

"Yes, Elsa." I softly bumped the book on the top of his head, gaining a small gasp from him, before placing it down on his desk. "You can make ice with your right side, right?" I folded my arms and grinned. "So can Elsa."

"I'd rather you didn't call me that."

I rolled my eyes and shrugged. "It's either Elsa or Frostbite, take your pick."

Todoroki actually took it into consideration. "Neither." He finally decided.

"That's not an option!" I threw my hands into the air. I then brought a hand up to my chin. "What about... candycane? Can I call you Candycane?"

Todoroki raised an eyebrow. "Candycane?" I nodded, and was more enthusiastic as ever when he said, "Fine."

I was about to say something else, when someone put a hand on my shoulder. Todoroki's eyes widened slightly. I knew the other students didn't notice his change in expression, but I did.

I whipped around to face whoever had touched me. "Hey, I don't think we've introduced ourselves properly." A manly voice said from above me.

I looked up to face a sharp-toothed grin. I jumped back a bit, startling Todoroki, but I relaxed. "Oh, hello!" I held out my hand to him. He was muscular, and much taller than me I had to admit. He had red spiky hair and wide eyes that just screamed 'don't worry, it'll all be okay!', which instantly made my bad feeling from earlier disappear. "I'm Akiara Saki!"

The boy with shark teeth grinned even wider as he shook my hand. "I'm Eijiro Kirishima. It's great to meet you."

"Likewise." I replied, pulling my hand away to rest in my pocket. I then noticed three other boys standing behind Kirishima. Well, I saw two boys, and one hiding behind the others. "Who are they?"

Kirishima smiled and stepped aside, allowing them to introduce themselves.

The first one to come say hello had bright yellow hair with a black zigzag that reminded me of lightning. He had a goofy grin on his face, and I instantly knew he was the class clown. He had that sort of mischief aura to him. He walked up to me and took a bow, taking my hand in his. I noticed Todoroki flinch, but like always, nobody else saw. The yellow-haired boy kissed the back of my hand and winked at me, causing me to blush. "Hey there, beautiful. I'm Denki Kamiari." He pulled on my wrist, pulling me closer to him. Our faces were only five inches apart, which resulted in me staring right into his golden-brown eyes. "But you can call me your future boyfriend."