WWC 2019

Hey, it's been a long time and I apologize. I didn't have any inspiration to continue.
I hope you'll like the new chapter ! Don't hesitate to give me ideas for the rest of the story.
——————————————————————————

It was the day, the day of the opening match. We were playing against South Korea. I was on the bench during the first half of the game and came in at the end of the second half. We were already winning 4-0.
Suddenly, I received a crossed from Wendy. I easily passed through the Korean defense and took my chance from outside the box. Unfortunately it didn't goes in but the girls encouraged me, by telling me it was a great attempt.

—————

After winning this first game we've won the other 3 and end up first of our group. We now had to face Brazil for the 8th final.

I was in my room resting from this morning training when I received a call from Mal.

"Hi Mally !"

"Hey Super Mads ! We wanted to know if you could hang out with us ?"

"To do what ?"

"We are just going to grab a coffee with the girls."

"Okay, count me in !"

—————

"Madiiiiiii ! I missed you !" Mal said as she throw her arms around me.

"I missed you too Mally !!!" I said catching her.

"Hi girls !" I said to the others ones which was Lindsey, Rose, Sam, Em and Kristie.

"So ? We've seen you killed it during those first games. How do you feel ? Does your teammates are cool ?" Sam asked me.

"Girl, it's like a dream come true. They are the best, they all encourage me even if sometimes I failed."

"Damn I hope they're not better than us." Mal said half laughing.

"Never." I chuckled.

We talked about all and nothing and drink our coffee. It's been good to catch up with them. It feels like home again.
We were on our way back to my hotel and I was talking with Mal away from the others.

"So how are things going with Jessie ?"

"Oh hum...great I guess ?"

"Are you sure ? You don't seem sure."

"I mean, we haven't had time to see or talk to each other since the World Cup started...but yeah it's fine. Why ?"
The truth is, nothing is fine between Jess and I. We haven't been in the best of terms these days, we've barely talked to each other. She's been really distant and I don't really know why. But anyway, I didn't wanted to bother Mal with my love life.

"Did you tell her ?" Em asked as she stopped and turned towards us.

"Did she told me what ?" I asked.

I was now standing in the middle of the street, looking at all the girls around me for an answer, but nobody was willing to talk.

"So ?" I raised an eyebrow at Mal.

MAL POV :

She was looking at me with this scary look, you know the, « your gonna talk or I'll make you talk »look, and I was afraid to tell her what I had seen.
But as her best friend, it was my duty to tell her the truth.

"So...the thing is, I wandered the halls of the hotel with Lindsey."

"Hôtel that we share with the Canadian team." Lindsey added.

"Yes, that's right. As we saw Jessie-"

"But she, didn't see us" Lindsey enjoyed finishing my sentences, but it was annoying me.

"You're done ? May be you wanna tell the story ?"

"Sorry, but details are important." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Guys, get to the point, please." Madi said.

"What they're trying to say, is that your girl was kissing another girl." Sonnett said and I nodded my head in confirmation.

"Ok."

Ok ? What ? She just said that and started walking again.

"Hey, hey, stop." I grabbed her by the shoulder. "That's all you have to say ?"

"Yes, I'm in the World Cup, I'll deal with it later."

—————

MADI POV :

I was back at my hotel room, Viv was there with Sakina.

"Wesh le sang !" (« Hey, dude) They said.

"Wesh !" (« Hey ! »)

" Ça va ? T'as l'air bizarre. " (« You're okay ? You don't look good. ») Sakina asked.

"Non, tranquille, je suis juste fatigué, je crois que je vais aller me coucher." (« Don't worry, I'm just tired. I think I'm gonna go to bed. »)

"Vas-y, même moi je vais vous laisser. Faut qu'on soit en forme pour le match de demain ! Bisous les filles, bonne nuit."
(« IM gonna go to bed too. We need to be in shape for tomorrow ! Love you girls, good night. »)

After she left, I talk a bit with Viv before falling asleep.
A big game is waiting for us tomorrow. I need to stay focus on the competition and don't think about anything else but that.