Remember

I was woken up by my phone ringing.

"Yes ?" I said with a raspy voice as I decided to go outside to not woken up Jess. What I've heard after this, was the only thing I feared the last few months. I listened to my mom telling me that grandma passed away during the night.

I hung up and heard a little voice behind me.

"Hey..."

"Hey, I'm sorry if I wake you up !" I said.

"No, it's okay, I wasn't sleeping anyway, Mal kept kicking me in her sleep... Is something wrong ? " Kristie asked and I took a deep breath to calm myself.

"My... My grandma, she...she's gone." I said without being able to contain my tears.
Kristie quickly came beside me a wrapped me in a side hug.
" I just can't believe it...I mean she was great...she seemed great. I-I thought she was gonna get through this..." She didn't respond and just squeezed me harder to tell me she was there for me.
I stayed with my head on her shoulder for a while, looking a the stars.
"She's up there now...Do you think she will meet my parents or Lydia ?"

"Yes, Im sure. Knowing your grandma, she's already telling them all about what you've accomplished, even though they already know." Kristie said.

"You think ?"

"What ?"

"That they know ? I mean, do you think it's true, that the people who are gone keep an eye on us ?"

"I don't know if it's true, but I chose to believe it. Who knows, maybe they're gossiping on us right now." She said and I chuckled.

" Oh yeah ? And what would they be saying ?"

"I don't know, may be « Look them together, I would never have thought seeing them this closed again » or something like that."

"Is it you or them talking ?"

"May be both..." She said and I smiled. "Why are you laughing ?"

"I'm not."

"Yes you are, I just saw you ! If you know better what they are saying go on, I listen."

"On us ? Or just.."

"Whatever you want, Madi."

"Uhm... I think Lydia would say « I always knew she was gay » and I like to believe that my parents are proud of me. As for grandma... I guess you're right, she's surely gossiping about us right now.." I chuckled, remembering all the time she called me just to talk about my love life.

JESSIE POV :

I woke up in the middle of the night without Madi by my side.

Weird.

I got up and started looking for her when I saw her laughing with Kristie on the balcony. What is she doing here with Her in the middle of the night ?
I started to walked towards them but stopped in my track to listen to what they were saying.

"You know that she was the one who pushed me to confessed my feelings for you ?" Madi said.

"I didn't know that." Kristie answer.

Who are they talking about ?

"How could you ? So imagine when I told her all the drama it caused after..."

"She probably hated me."

What was happening ? Was it -remember what it feels like when I was in love with you- time or what ?

"No, i mean yes, but just cause you've hurt me. But in way she understood you."

"I wasn't understanding myself, how could she ?"

"I don't know she was like that you know. For her everything happened for a reason."

"You know that if it wasn't for Rachel, the two of us would-"

When I heard that I decided to interrupt them.

MADI POV :

Kristie and I were talking when I saw Jessie awake.

"Hey, babe." I said, removing my head from Kristie's shoulder.

"What's going on ?" Jessie said.

"I'm gonna go back to bed, let you two talk." Kristie said.

"Good night and thank you." She simply not and walked away.

"Good night, thank you" Jessi imitated me and I chuckled. "Why am I finding you here, in the middle of the night with Kristie ?"

"Cause I received a call and she was awake, so she kept me company, honey." I said and she narrowed her eyes at me. "My grandma died..."

"What ?" She said surprised. "Oh Madi, I am so sorry." She hugged me and once again I let it all go.

"It's ok, I'm...ok. Can we just go back in bed ?"

"Of course."