Running Marathons - Epilogue

Cedric walked into his apartment, huffing as he dropped the keys in a bowl and put off his shoes. He looked in a mirror and ruffled his tidy hair. He hated days like this but what was the best part; as he walks in the living room, there you are curled in a blanket and snoring lightly. He loved this part of day. To see you, was it awake or asleep.

He walked towards you and brushed his hand against your cheek. You slowly opened your eyes, blinking a few times before seeing your wonderful man smiling at you. "Hey, stranger." you smiled.

"Hey." he whispered. "Where's your nephew?"

"Marko? He's sleeping in our bed." you smiled and he chuckled. "Come here." you lifted the blanked and he laid on your stomach, just as he always did in Hogwarts. His arms wrapped themselves around you and your hands dug in his hair.

"You brother called..." he slurred already, feeling the exhaustion taking over. "He- he said..."

"He said what?" you smiled as you continued to twirl his hair around your fingers.

"He said he's coming tomorrow from his honeymoon to pick up Marko." he barely said and you smiled.

"Okay." you said softly, feeling the same exhaustion wash over you. "Did he say when?" you yawned but he was already asleep and soon you followed, dozing off.

And it wasn't long in the night when you felt something crawling up your leg. You thought it was just Cedric moving in his sleep for a better position but that was until you heard him let out a small groan. "Urgh, Marko."

You opened your eyes and were faced with dark brown and an adorable baby pout. He kept his blanky with him but barely saw where he crawled due to his dense black curly hair.

"Hey, Mish." you smiled at the little boy who laid on your chest, just as Cedric. He wrapped his short arms around you. "Can't sleep?" you dug your other hand in his dense curls.

He only nuzzled closer. "I don't want to be alone."

"We're here." Cedric slurred, turning his head to look up at the little boy and smiling sweetly at him.

"Don't leave me alone." Marko stretched his short arm towards Cedric.

Cedric took a hold of his small hand and caressed his small palm with his thumb. "I won't. I promise."