Worth the Wait

REQUEST:Hey can you do a fic where the reader is elder sister potter She's best friends with Cedric diggory since the first time they met on the train during first year She confesses it to Cedric during Goblet of fire, they are a couple And then when he dies she's screaming and heartbroken Time skip to the battle she dies saving Harry who is crying because she was his only family left Then Hermione says during the reader's dying breath "it's okay you can close your eyes and be happy with Ced" Thanx...

XX

Sometimes it was not easy being your younger brother's older sister. All he ever did was get into trouble and you couldn't even figure it out how. How could that boy get into so much trouble without even knowing it?

Then again, he was your father's son and you could say that it ran in the family because you yourself weren't the saint of the family.

You however had a best friend who always got you into more trouble than you ever did him. The two of you met on a train, first day, and he was the sweetest boy you have ever met. He kept talking like he has lived 50 years not 11. He laughed so the whole train could hear him and he had one of the most wonderful laughs, The one you just fell in love with immediately. Since the first day, you knew he was going to be in your life. He was there when nobody else was. He was there when you were at your worst and unlike your previous "friends", he didn't leave. He stayed and he kept promising you that he will always and forever be there for you and your little brother.

Little did he know that your little brother was one of the unluckiest little boys, who ever walked the Hogwarts ground. Harry was a confused little boy since he was little but he had a temper that nobody could control. He was funny, sarcastic, definetly taking most of the traits after his father but if he has anything else besides your mother's eyes, it's definetly her heart.

The worry you held was always for your little brother. Always what kind of new trouble will he get into with his two friends but never have you thought that another person could worry you just as much as Harry could.

"You can't!" you shouted at Cedric. "It's not safe!"

"It's not like I'll be fighting a dragon, (y/n)!" Cedric groaned, getting up, hugging you from behind and swinging you left an right. "Don't tell me you're worried about me." he kept cooing, knowing how much you hated when somebody talked ot you like you were a child.

With him it was different. When he hugged you, it was like a warm cloud taking you into the sky and letting you float under the sun. You loved his embraces, you loved him since Third year.

"Are you mad?" he continued to coo, causing a smile arrupt on your lips and making his laugh. He stepped back, pulling you with him until he tripped and fell on the bed with him. "Because I won't let you go until you stop being mad at me."

"I'm not mad, Ced." you sighed, moving away from his grip and laying beside him. You played with your thumbs and with a deep breath, you told him your worries. "I just don't want to risk losing you. I'm risking it every year with Harry and I just don't want to...with you."

He smiled in disbelief, pulling himself up on his elbow. "That's what you're worried about? Me entering a contest and not even being picked. We've done worse things that this contest- remember the giant squid back in Second year?"

You smiled, remeniscing that day perfectly. "Yeah."

"Did we die?"

"Almost."

"But did we die?"

"No, Cedric. We did not die." you answered clearly.

"That's because we are bloody tough and amazing. If we didn't die that day with the squid, then we won't die in this contest....if I get picked of course, which I definetly will because everybody likes me, and so will that goblet."