I care too much

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have potential to turn a life around." ~ Leo Buscaglia

Leo Buscaglia. His words kept repeating in your head as your eyes kept scanning the alluring horizon. The sun was already up, few grey clouds passing by while the birds kept flying further away and you just couldn't stop thinking about him. Why would someone put their life at risk like that. People get badly injured at this kind of tournaments and you cannot handle losing him. He was your best friend, your other half and all you kept thinking about was the words of the famous American author Leo Buscaglia.

Thinking of the way he wrapps his arms around you to make you feel safe and warm, his smile that lights the whole room on the darkest of days, his kind word, which he never runs out of, or his listening ear available every single second. Honesty, you cherish him because of it and his smallest act of caring, which you noticed just now thinking about it.

"I can hear you." he spoke quietly, watching you from the corner of his crystal grey eyes and his perpetual smirk, which you still loved to see.

"I wish I could hear you." you sighed and turned your gaze away from the horizon.

"That's because my thoughts aren't screaming like yours." he smiled and leaned on the branch.

You kept looking down, sitting high up on a tree, and taking another big sigh. He was your best friend, he trusted you with this decision and you knew he was determined to enter the Triwizard Tournament this year. So instead of pouting you looked up at his eyes and smiled. " I know you think I don't support you at this but know that I will always be here. I won't leave you with this alone."

His eyes sparkled as he heard you say that. Knowing he will have you by his side with this meant a lot to him. Without you he would be lost. "Thank you." he replied and turned his gaze back at the horizon.

"But there is a slight chance that you'll get chosen." you blurted out, breaking the silence and making him chuckle. " I mean it hasn't even begun yet and here you are making assumptions you are going to get chosen. Maybe I'll get chosen." you rambled on.

"If you have the guts to enter." he chuckled.

"Is that a challange Diggory?" you smiled and stood up on your branch.

"Am I wrong?"

"No. You are completly right." you giggled and sat back down.

"Of course I am. Now shut up and enjoy the last few moments we have left before the Weasleys come."

---

"Arthur!" yelled Amos from the ground, making it your cue to come down from the tree.

Cedric was the first to jump down, introducing himself to the Weasleys while you took another moment to see the horizon for one last time. "And this must be Cedric?" said Arthur and shaked the boy's hand.

Looking down at the three you prepared yourself to jump down, landing perfectly on your feet and fixing your posture. "Hello. I'm (y/n)." you introduced yourself and shook hands with mr.Weasley.

You looked over to the other young Weasleys, Hermoine and Harry and gave everybody a wave. Knowing most of them, you always thought of the Weasleys as a big, happy family, but never have you considered them, as what the others called them, the blood-traitors.

Charlie was the frist of the Weasleys you met. He was always so kind and nice to you and you couldn't help yourself but to develop a small crush on the handsome boy. Him leaving Hogwarts left you a bit devestated, as he always was and always will be, your first love.