Running Marathons - pt. 3

The after that came was not easy. The after was traumatic and torturing. The showers you took, scrubbing your skin until it burnt. The nightmares you woke up sweating and wimpering. Nothing happened but it almost did. Something happened and if Cedric wasn't there, you didn't dare to imagine.

There was a knock and your eyes darted to it. Your roomate, got on her feet and walked to the door. She opened it just slightly, three inches to see who it was. "She doesn't want to see you."

"Please." his thick accent reached your ears and you only curled up. "I just need to see if she is okay."

"Viktor..." your friend sighed, looking back at you then to the boy in front. "I'm sorry." and she closed the door, walking and sitting next to you. "Why don't you want to see him?" she asked but you only turned your head away, feeling the lump form in your throat. She lowered her head and put her hand on your shoulder. "They will find him."

"What if they won't?"

"He's a student."

"No. He's not just a student. He's Durmstrang student. They are thought Defense Against the Dark Arts immediately in their first year." you replied more harshly than you intended.

"Well, I'm here to protect you." she wrapped her arms around you and you chuckled.

"Yeah. I know." you put your hands on her arms and pulled her close.

---

It wasn't easy making the appereance after the whole... the whole incident. To be honest, you were shaking but you had your best friend by your side and she didn't dare to let you go. As long as you weren't alone.

The stares were not really ambiguous. They were focused on you but because your best friend was right by your side, it was easier to go through it. "What are you staring at?" she sneered at one of the students.

The both of you sat down and the food that appeared in front of you didn't look appealing. You only watched the food and pushed the plate away, pulling a book from your bag. "So tell me? Potions?"

"Snape said you got an O, obviously, but he also said that you need to finish the last week essay or he will give you another. He said till Friday." she said and you rolled your eyes.

"Seriously? Doesn't he have to kiss Dumbledore's arse to kiss for the post of DADA teacher?" you retorded and she snorted.

"Do you think he would be the one to break the curse?" another friend joined the conversation.

"The curse?" you and your best friend exchanged looks and started laughing. "There is no curse. Dumbledore just didn't find a permanent teacher yet." you smiled but as you looked back at him, he was looking behind you. Those frightning eyes- you just knew who they were looking at and the smile faded just as fast as it came.

"Sestra." his thick accent was right behind you. Merlin, they even had the same voice.

You turned around, looking up. "Krum."

He flinched at that name, especially from your mouth. You have never called him after his last name. "Can ve talk?"

You looked around and stood up. "I'll be right back." you smiled to your best friend and walked out of the Great Hall. After you both were in an empty corridor, you turned around but kept the distance safe. "Talk."

"Ar-are you okay?" his kept the eye contact and longer as you looked at those dark eyes, the more you felt your heart raced. Even same eyes.

"Fine. Is that it?" You spoke more arrogantly. You knew it wasn't his fault but at this point, just being around him you felt scared.