Chapter 3

There was already a lot happening in the camp with Chiron gone and Tantalus was the one who got his duties.

The cyclops hanging around Percy got claimed by Poseidon himself. And the guy who has been defending Tyson all the time didn't spare a minute to lose his demeanor. His face was enough to know that he felt ashamed to have a cyclops for a brother.

As always, Percy was a topic of discussion in the camp. Y/N would try to sympathize with him but it was of no use. Tyson had it worse right? And being his brother, Percy wasn't much of a help. He was embarrassed and like he always was, he took no regards of how the other person must be feeling.

Let's be honest, he's kind of a dick sometimes.

On the top of that it was still awkward to talk to him. Apart from small talks, Y/N found it hard to talk to him. He had other things to worry about, so she didn't really have the time to figure out a way to talk to him. Besides, it spared her from watching her friends being lovey-dovey with each other. She decided to focus on her training instead.

One morning Annabeth and Percy were sitting by the canoe lake sketching chariot designs when some jokers from Aphrodite's cabin walked by and asked him if he needed to borrow some eyeliner for his eye... "Oh sorry, eyes."

As they walked away laughing, Annabeth grumbled, "Just ignore them, Percy. It isn't your fault you have a monster for a brother."

"He's not my brother!" he snapped. "And he's not a monster, either!"

Annabeth raised her eyebrows. "Hey, don't get mad at me! And technically, he is a monster."

"Well you gave him permission to enter the camp."

"Because it was the only way to save your life! I mean... I'm sorry, Percy, I didn't expect Poseidon to claim him. Cyclopes are the most deceitful, treacherous-"

"He is not! What have you got against Cyclopes, any-way?

Annabeth's ears turned pink. "Just forget it," she said. "Now, the axle for this chariot-"

"You're treating him like he's this horrible thing," Percy said. "He saved my life."

Annabeth threw down her pencil and stood. "Then maybe you should design a chariot with him."

"Maybe I should."

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

She stormed off and left him feeling even worse than before. Y/N who was sitting a bit away from the both watched the commotion. She wanted to go and talk to him, but it looked like a bad time. She decided to concentrate on her small notebook instead.

"Uh...hey,"

Y/N looked up hearing the voice. It was Percy standing in front of her. He finally took some time out of his hands and decided to talk to her. But it felt like he did because technically he had no one to talk to now.

"Hey," she said, going back to work on her notebook.

"What are you doing?" He sat down beside her.

"Uh...just writing a lyric from a song. It's kind of a hobby I guess. I write lyrics of songs that....affect me the most everyday. Today it's..." she felt a bit reluctant but knowing how oblivious he can be, she decided to show him anyway.

He looked at the tiny notebook, the page decorated with designs and a lyric written in the middle. "So kind of a diary?" he asked as she took back her notebook and started drawing again.

"You can say so."

"I don't know but...are you avoiding us?"

Y/N's hand stopped, "What?"