Chapter 11

Y/N woke up shortly afterwards, when there were only faint traces of the Siren's island. She slowly walked up, feeling a light headache.

Squinting her eyes at the rays of the sun, she looked around the deck and found her two friends sitting apart - both having dull faces. Unable to figure out what to do, she walked towards Annabeth who looked a bit teared up.

"Hey.."

"Oh hi," Annabeth sighed, "How are you feeling?"

"I have a bit of a headache but...I'm fine. What.." she looked back and forth between Annabeth and Percy, "happened?"

"Nothing...just," Annabeth cleared her throat and replied, "uh..."

Y/N realized that she wasn't yet ready to talk about it, and decided to change the topic, "You patched me up?"

"Yeah, gave you some Ambrosia. How did you even manage to hurt yourself?"

"I used my voice ofcourse. I used the vibrations to make any kind of stuff come near me so that I can get out. Didn't work out that well when one thick wooden stick hit my head outta nowhere," Y/N chuckled.

"Hm..I'm glad nothing excessive happened," Annabeth said with a small smile on her face, her eyes turned towards the brunet sitting alone, "I think..you should go talk to Percy. You bit him pretty hard."

"I did?" she looked towards the boy sitting quietly and looking towards the sea, "Okay I'll be right back."

Y/N walked and sat down beside him, "Did you guys have a fight again?"

"...yeah?" he muttered, "How...are you feeling?"

"I'm good. But she told me..I bit you or something. Sorry.." Y/N's eyes wandered at his hands, trying to get a look at it.

He sighed and held his wrist out towards her, eyes still fixed on the sea. Percy heard a tiny gasp coming out of the girl beside him. He couldn't gather up the courage to look at her. Whatever he did, they were going to talk about it at some point of time. He just wasn't ready yet.

Y/N held his wrist and placed her palm over the bitten area, humming a tune in a soft voice. Percy, hearing her sing for the first time to him, shot his head and looked over at her. "You shouldn't push yourself," he said.

Ignoring his statement, she continued humming the tune with her eyes closed. Well, it worked well for the both of them. Percy could look at her without feeling uncomfortable and she felt a bit of warmth spreading through her heart. Maybe it was for just a little amount of time, but the silence was comforting. As soon as she was done she looked at him and said, "Sorry. I thought the ropes were enough to stop me."

"You looked awful Y/N," he said turning back to the sea, "Don't make me do....these stuffs again."

"I'm sure Annabeth put up a good fight," she chuckled, "she wasn't as easy to tackle as I was huh?"

"No," his voice turned low, and he looked at her with a strange expression on his face. Something she wasn't able to comprehend, "You....were harder to tackle."

"Hey!" they heard Annabeth's voice behind them. They looked at the direction she was looking at.

Up ahead was another blotch of land-a saddle-shaped island with forested hills and white beaches and green meadows. Percy's nautical senses confirmed it. 30 degrees, 31 minutes north, 75 degrees, 12 minutes west.

They'd reached the home of the Cyclops.

When you think "monster island," you think craggy rocks and bones scattered on the beach like the island of the Sirens

The Cyclops's island was nothing like that. It had a rope bridge across a chasm, which was not a good sign. But except for that, the place looked like a Caribbean postcard. It had green fields and tropical fruit trees and white beaches. As they sailed toward the shore, Annabeth breathed in the sweet air. "The Fleece," she said.

In the meadow at the base of the ravine, several dozen sheep were milling around. They looked peaceful enough, but they were huge-the size of hippos. Just past them was a path that led up into the hills. At the top of the path, near the edge of the canyon, was the massive oak tree Percy'd seen in his dreams. Something gold glittered in its branches.

"This is too easy," he said. "We could just hike up there and take it?"

"How.." Y/N squinted her eyes in irritation, "How do you never learn that if it looks easy then there's probably a trap somewhere?"

Percy sighed, "Well, I can atleast hope right? I mean that's mostly you all the time."

"Yeah, cause hope is going great for me," Y/N muttered absentmindedly. Percy looked at her strangely, his brows furrowing for a moment before he shook his head and concentrated on the fleece. 

Annabeth's eyes narrowed. "There's supposed be a guardian. A dragon or..."

No. It wasn't a dragon, but something that normally they would've overlooked if they weren't half-blood experiencing traps on their path every quest.

"Great," Y/N gulped down nervously, "flesh eating sheep."

"They're like piranhas," she said, as they saw the flock of sheep clearing up a deer in minutes and leaving it's bones in it's place.

"Piranhas with wool. How will we-"

"Percy!" Annabeth gasped, grabbing his arm. "Look."

She pointed down the beach, to just below the sheep meadow, where a small boat had been run around... the other lifeboat from the CSS Birmingham.

There was no way they could get past the man-eating sheep.

Besides, their first job was to find Grover and whoever had come ashore in that lifeboat-assuming they'd gotten past the sheep. Y/N wasn't so sure about the lifeboat though. No way can a person come here and survive past those sheep. Percy was too nervous to say what he was secretly hoping...that Tyson might still be alive.

They climbed a cliff away from the sheep and the ledge they were sitting on was narrower than they'd realized. It dropped off on the opposite side, and that's where a voice was coming from-right below them. Clarisse was hanging upside down over a pot of boiling water and Grover was wearing a wedding dress. Ofcourse, it didn't go down smoothly considering how Clarisse's loud mouth and small brain can comprehend situations. Soon enough, Polyphemus found out Grover's true identity.

But they still had a bit of time to escape. Even though the turn of events weren't all that nice.

But it did feel nice to Y/N considering the amount of times she had to get punished for fighting with Clarisse and get punished alone. 

Now, Grover was supposed to be the Cyclops' dinner while Clarisse was going to be the bride.

A small grin covered her face. Percy looked at her expression and with an amused expression he whispered, "You're loving this, aren't you?"

"I don't even know when I'll get the chance to see her like this again. Give me a break," Y/N chuckled, feeling his eyes on her. She didn't want to overthink when there was this whole thing going on but she couldn't help but ask a question to herself. She just hoped that she didn't do anything weird while she was watching those sirens. A blush covered her cheeks thinking about it. 

That's right.

He was there along with her parents, wasn't he? That's what she saw when she heard those sirens. Her parents in a good neighbourhood, living in a nice house.

And Percy. Sitting with her mother, father, papa and having dinner together. Her mind then came back to the question.

Wasn't Percy staring at her more than he did before?