Chapter 2

Just like Y/N's dad suggested, they were able to spend the night without monsters chasing them. The hotel was in fact in a shady and dingy area which managed to keep their smell in control. The next day they left early, and went to Percy's school. That's where he was gonna be the whole day, as Annabeth informed. 

Of course it felt a bit awkward when Y/N thought about how after not keeping in touch, she was gonna walk in and take him to the camp like they've been talking to each other since forever. But, that wasn't the important part when monsters were attacking camp half-blood. Lives were in danger, and her friendship should be the last concern.

Right now she was standing outside waiting for Annabeth to come out with Percy. She managed to sneak in with the help of her invisible cap. Hours started to pass and she knew if she stayed here any longer, monsters will come for her. She didn't want to put the people around her in danger.

Suddenly she heard a bunch of loud bursts, and after about a minute or so she saw Annabeth come out alone. She pulled Y/N in an alley down Church Street.

"What was that?" Y/N asked.

"What do you think?" Annabeth sighed, "There's always monsters around the son of Poseidon, of course. He'll join us with someone."

"Someone?"

"He has a freaking cyclops hanging around him, and he has no idea!" Annabeth said, angrily.

"Well, he doesn't have much experience in these stuffs like you do."

"I should've known though..." Annabeth muttered, "He should've informed me."

"Why would he inform you about a new giant friend he has made in school who-" Y/N stopped and noticed Percy along with the cyclops she mentioned. 

Annabeth pulled Tyson and Percy off the sidewalk just as a fire truck screamed past, heading for Meriwether Prep, his school.

"Where'd you find him?" she demanded, pointing at Tyson.

Now, under different circumstances, Percy would've been really happy to see her. His eyes moved towards Y/N who was staring at Tyson. He watched her whole demeanor, and noticed how tired she was. He would never admit it, but seeing Y/N's face after such a long time really made him happy. He forgot about his worries for just a moment, when she gave him an awkward smile.

"He's my friend," Percy told her.

"Is he homeless?" Annabeth asked.

"What does that have to do with anything? He can hear you, you know. Why don't you ask him?"

She looked surprised. "He can talk?"

"I talk," Tyson admitted. "You are pretty."

"Ah! Gross!" Annabeth stepped away from him.

Y/N frowned and slapped her back lightly and said, "He's giving you an honest compliment. Grow up Annabeth." She smiled politely at him and said, "But she's Percy's girlfriend so watch what you say okay?"

Percy rolled his eyes, ears turning a bit red. He examined Tyson's hands, which he was sure must've been badly scorched by the flaming dodge balls, but they looked fine-grimy and scarred, with dirty fingernails the size of potato chips-but they always looked like that. "Tyson," he said in disbelief. "Your hands aren't even burned."

"Of course not," Annabeth muttered. "I'm surprised the Laistrygonians had the guts to attack you with him around."

Tyson seemed fascinated by Annabeth's blond hair. He tried to touch it, but she smacked his hand away.