Chapter 19: War of mind

Start from the beginning

Everyone pairs up with each other in order to enjoy their coffee break. While my feet take me to Dongmin who was still digging his face into the papers.

That's the definition of professionalism.

"Hey! Do you want to grab coffee with me?" I ask. As he takes a glance at me, before answering.

"Nah...I'm good." He utters. Scribbling something on the papers, not even glancing at my sad pouty face. That's one of the reasons I used to hate him back then.

Yes, I need to be pampered. And that's not a huge thing to ask.

Right?

Pressing my lips into a thin line, I give up after waiting for some seconds to notice me.

Fine.

I'd go alone.

Stomping my foot on the tiled floor, I push my arrogant self in need of coffee.

||

The warm sugary fragrance lingers around the coffee shop. The air swirls with aromatic dreams and tranquil, an amazing wonders for dreamers. The lack of cacophony of crowds makes this place a bit rare which pulls me to visit this place more. Recently, it ranked as one of my favorite corners in the town.

The scarcity of customers here holds a bit of my brain on thinking why they don't visit this amazing place.

Pfft...they don't even know what they're missing on. In one way, it's kind of relieving that it faces a subtle drought of customers or else I won't discover this place.

My mind trails on the collection of caffeine this shop consumes. But my stubborn mind is always impressed with caramel mocha. So without wasting any time looking at the menu, I order two mocha right away. One for me and one for Dongmin.

Shortly after, I was making my way out of there with the mocha. But a small hesitation roams around my mind stinging badly. Whether he'd like caramel mocha or something else. I should've called him and make sure of it. A pool of thoughts drowns me along with a huge argument between my 'don't care' self and 'over caring' self.

During the war of mind...

Suddenly...

The mochas in my hand got out of its place by the impact of someone rushing their way in here.

Damn! What did I do!

A small figure backs away from the attack of the mochas splashed on her white cropped tee. Her long brown locks hide her face rudely, blocking my view while she examines her 'exclusively splashed mocha designed white-tee'. And all these credits go to me.

Jeon Jungkook and my careless mind.

"Crap."She mutters. Feral anger mingled with her soft voice creeps the hell out of me.

Oh no!

She's so mad at me.

Is she gonna murder me now?

"I-I'm so sorry." Bowing in forgiveness, I apologize immediately. The thick air of trepidation clouds me forcing me to close my eyes tight while bowing.

"Uh...umm...It's okay." She says. Her kindness conceals her anger as if it never existed. I straighten myself as I meet with a pair of brown orbs.

Actually, those are exactly not brown. It's a million hues of brown, making me question myself. 'What is brown anyway?'

The brown of sweet chocolate that melts from the slightest heat of love or happiness. But that chocolate also freezes from the cold harsh reality that is apparent in this world. Heartbreak, or depression that she hid from all those around so well.

Just like I saw her last time with those eyes.

So exquisite.

So intimidating.

So familiar.

So coincidental.

"Jungkook." Her soft voice emphasizes my name. Her eyes glistening with a flicker of shock.

"Y/n."

[A/N: Damn...this chapter is so...uh...cringy. *embarrassed* *hides under blanket*]

[Next update: Tuesday😉]