kakashi hatake - heather part 2

i remember when i first wrote this mini series on tumblr EVERYONEEE wanted a continuation of the first part asjkdh good times

-

"You look like you're about to cry. What happened?"

Truth was, you had been crying. Puffy eyes screamed for consolation, and a broken voice begged for a fixed heart.

You looked up from your empty plate, aside from the crumbs leftover. Glassy eyes met smiling ones, and right there and then it was if the whole world froze. Like it was just you and Kakashi stuck in real time. Just you and him. That's how it could've been.

When you realized that Kakashi sat down across from you, you instantly wondered where Rin was, and why wasn't she clinging on to him like there wasn't any other thing left in the world to cuddle. Had this been the first time in what seemed liked forever you've seen Kakashi without Rin? You didn't know, you lost count of the days that they've been together.

"[Name]?" His voice saved you from the trance that was your thoughts, "What's wrong?"

You felt a rope inside your throat pulling away at the words you wanted to say, which was why when you lied to his face there were shattered words in your voice.

The person I love, loves someone else. "N-nothing's wrong!"

Quickly, you stood up and the world unfroze, sprinting for the exit of the restaurant. He watched you leave as you desperately tried to wipe the sadness from your eyes. Kakashi knew that something was wrong. Had someone made you upset? If so, they'd have to pay dearly for whatever pain they had inflicted upon you.

The next time Kakashi ran into you to ask you what was wrong once again, he found you drinking some saké at a local bar and decided that walking you home was a good decision. He paid for the alcohol, thanked the owner, then left with you under his arm for stability.

You sniffled. "Can you help me, Kakashi? My heart hurts."

He furrowed his brows, you never drank, but when you did you always got a little too emotional. "Let's just go home."

Abruptly, you stopped in your tracks and looked at the ground, he was seeing the sadness in your eyes again but this time you weren't wiping it away. "I don't have a home if it's not with him."

Kakashi winced at the pang of pain in your voice, "What do you mean? C'mon your house isn't far, now."

He went over to you and tried making you walk with him once more, but you stood still in your spot. Your hands were shaking. "H-he asked me what was wrong and I lied to him."

"What do you mean?" He asked, seeing the tears fall freely from your eyes.

"I wanted to tell him that I'm sad because he loves someone else."

Kakashi stayed silent. Were you talking about...him? Whatever the matter, he pulled you into his arms for a hug when you started to cry uncontrollably. You were staining him with tears but he he didn't care since they were yours.

"Kakashi?" you breathed shakily, "You smell like home."