"After them!" I heard another voice call out. I heard my pack members shifting and scattering out into the woods. I didn't look back to know they were still alive, I was simply hoping they weren't injured.

I felt the familiar burning sensation fill my right shoulder and I groaned in pain.

Wolfsbane.

 I should have known they would have dipped their bullets with this poison. Instead of slowing down from the pain, I picked up my pace, using the trees to conceal myself.

After what seemed like hours of running, I hid behind a large tree, breathless and burning. The wolfs bane leaking into my bloodstream. I could feel my Wolf desperately trying to heal but failing miserable.

The gun shots continued to fire from behind. I knew they were walking closer, I could hear it behind the sounds of their guns. They were taunting us, almost playing with us. They knew that with Meredith in such a fragile state that I would do at nothing to protect her.

I hitched Meredith higher, only to increase the fire in my body. I gritted my teeth to mask my groan.

"Andrew." Meredith whispered.

I snapped my eyes to her immediately. Meredith was still sweating and her body was limb. I knew I needed to do something and fast, but I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what Witches needed when their body was invested with Salt.

"You need to leave me." Meredith mumbled.

I growled in response. "No."

"Listen to me," Meredith stared me dead in the eyes. "I have a plan, but you need to listen and follow my instructions. If you don't, we'll all die."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. I wanted to refuse her request, whatever she had planned was a bad one I could already feel it. The denial was at the tip of my tongue until I saw her expression. Something in it, the way her eyes shined a bit and a lips curved into a slight smirk. I knew I could trust her. I knew —that just this once— I wouldn't have to worry.

With much reluctance and distain, I replied.

"Okay."

Meredith's POV

I lifted my head, using as much effort on my part, and looked up to see the Hunters standing before me with their guns raised outwardly.

I grinned inwardly, blessing the heavens for bringing about such foolish Hunters.

"Meredith." One of them sighed in appreciation. "Meredith, Meredith, Meredith." He shook his head each time he repeated my name. "Oh the beauty of seeing you in such a debilitated state. It's truly magnificent."

I chucked breathlessly though I ended up coughing after words.

Once again I cursed myself for being so careless today. I knew I should not have left my guard down but I did and I regretted it deeply. The food I ate was contaminated with the Hunters Salt without my even knowing. I couldn't even taste it until it reached my bloodstream. Not only did I have to deal with the burning feeling inside of me, but there were other collisions as well. Andrew and his warriors...

I blinked ridding my mind of those thoughts. Why should I, Meredith the Lone With, care about such casualties. They meant nothing to me.

 Or so I wished.

"And what's your name doll?" I rasped out, my throat dry and lump. "I've never seen you before."

The man, who I assumed to be the leader, grinned at me smugly. "My name? You wish to know?"