Chapter 9

Soooo sorry for the late upload! A lot has happened. Well I hope you enjoy! Thanks for your patients :). 

Chapter 9

Andrew's POV

"Well, this is nice." Meredith commented.

We were inside the small hotel, waiting for the meeting time. We didn't have to meet until 8 PM and it was only 6:30. I was sure we weren't the only ones who have already arrived but I didn't want to be mingling around. This was no mans territory. Hunters could be around the area as we spoke.

"It's comfortable." I replied distractedly. I was keeping all my senses around the area, making sure no Hunters were around.

Meredith seemed to understand and decided to keep her comments to herself. I felt slightly guilty that I was ignoring her when in reality I wanted nothing more for her to talk to me but at this moment, I just needed her safe.

I wanted Meredith to be extremely comfortable and almost debated on getting the pent suite but thought otherwise. We didn't want to bring attention to ourselves and the best way to do that was by getting a normal room closer to the exit than most.

There were two guards who were sleeping in the room to my right and another two to my left. Zach and another guards were in the room across from us. Even with all the security and escape planned out I still felt tense.

Meredith lightly sat on the edge of her bed farthest from the window while Val was already fast asleep on the pillow. I would have been perfectly comfortable with her sleeping on the same bed as me but I figured she wouldn't enjoy it as much, so I bought a room with two beds. With her holding my hand today, I felt more than pleased that I did.

I fought back a smile and kept my face hard. My number one concern was her safety, I even bought room service for her to eat inside of here instead of going out. I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, even with all the precautions with the meeting and guarding, I didn't feel safe. Something just felt.. off.

Meredith and I spent the rest of the time in our room. I insisted that she rest up for a bit but she declined. I couldn't help but admit that I was nervous. I've never been to a convene with all the Alpha's and Beta's, not even as a child. The convenes were always kept top secret that not even soon to be leaders were allowed to come and it was extremely rare to have guest.

I've met a lot of Alpha's or Beta's personally or a few at a time, but all of them at once plus all the Royal bloods in the same room, I just couldn't dream of it back then. Now that I was dealing with the real thing I couldn't stop worrying. Questions of what could go wrong kept running through my head:

What if I ruined the Crescent name?

What would William do?

Would Meredith be okay?

No matter how many times Zach or the other members tried reassuring me I could stop pacing the hotel room. We were to leave in 20 minutes and the whole time I was up and moving. Meredith was painting her nails looking as though she didn't have a care in the world. At this moment, I wished that I felt like that too.

"Will you stop your pacing Andrew? You're causing a drift." Meredith said, checking out her nails and blowing on them slightly.

I sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed, trying to relax my tense muscles; I needed to calm down. It didn't look good to be nervous at a meeting. Some of the Alpha's weren't always the best ones out there. Some were greedy, and would do anything for more land and power. If I showed any signs of weakness, I was sure one of them would take that opportunity to prepare an attack.