Chapter 1

Picture of Meredith on the side - - - >

300 Years Later

Chapter 1

Meredith's POV

"Meredith!!" The Hunters all screamed. 

I laughed at them. I truly hope they all enjoy being covered in cow manure. Not even regular cow manure either. Sticky, slimy, hard to move in cow manure. It was almost the same as quick sand too. Man, I loved magic. 

"Are you okay down there?" I shouted with a huge grin on my face. I still can't believe they fell for this trick. Following me into an abandoned factory, all of them coming out to the open clearing then BAM! Cow manure showering down like a waterfall; courtesy of my magic.

"Damn you! We'll get you Meredith! Just you watch!" One of the Hunters yelled. Glaring at me while struggling to get out. I just laughed again, there threats meant nothing to me. 

I jumped off  my little seat and walked towards the exit. Flipping my hair over my shoulder, large leather bound book under my arm and heals clicking against the tile floor. I loved myself. 

I inhaled the scent of snow and woods: trees and nature. I almost felt at home.

Almost. 

I continued to walk out with a smug smile on my face. Listening to the struggles of the Hunters echoing in the woods.

I kept walking until I came to a stop in front of two large trees a couple of yards away from each other, completely adjacent. I stopped in front of one tree and drew a star, whispering a spell under my breath as I did the same to the other tree. When it was done, I stepped back, watching the space in between the trees start to blur. I listened to one last scream from the hunters smiling. I stepped into the portal and stepped back out into a hidden alley in New York.

"I can't believe you Meredithian." Emma exasperated for the fifth time.

I just rolled my eyes in response. I was currently lounging in a private cafe in New York City with motherly Emmaline Cardea and gloomy old Vivianna Pax. I didn't like being this close to Massachusetts. Even being near that place brought back disgusting memories of the Trials.

Shaking my head internally I continued to listen to Emma lecturing me about messing with Hunters. I don't know why she continued to lecture me when she knew that I wouldn't be listening but she doid. Every time I messed with someone she'd jabber on and on. It used to be incredibly annoying but I got used to it. And every time, at exactly this time, Vivian would interrupt by saying-

"Oh come on Emma." She sighed, rolling her eyes, "We both know she isn't even listening. She's just nodding her head like an idiot to get you to stop talking." 

Emma scoffed but folded her arms across her chest anyways, no longer speaking. I smiled at the both of them.

"Now that you've shut up, lets get to the real issue here." I said, folded my hands on the table. 

Emma and Vivian exchanged confused looks. "What?" 

Rolling my eyes I snapping my fingers on the table. The leather bound book appear immediately underneath my hands. The girls gasped in awe; I didn't blame them. Stealing the original spell book wasn't easy but I found it. 

This big, old, whithering bound book was kept hidden in a secret department in a case by the Hunters. How they got their hands on it I'll never know. But I don't care. This book had every spell in the world. All the forbidden magic, all the easy magic. Everything was here. 

"I can't believe you!" Emma hissed snapping me out of my thoughts.

I raised my eyebrows at her. What the...

"You stole this from the Witches council didn't you!" She angrily whispered. 

Sighing, I rolled my eyes and said "No. I stole it from the Hunters." 

Emma and Vivian looked taken back. "The Hunters?" They both said. I nodded. 

"How did they have their hands on one of the most ancient spell books in the world?" Vivian questioned, stirring her smoothie with her straw. 

I shrugged. "I don't know. I haven't been to a Witches' gathering in years. Why don't you ask old lady Rosaline for me?" I said. 

The girls shifted uncomfortable making me smirk. No one would want to ask her why this spell book was missing. It would cause her to go insane. 

Emma sighed, shaking her head. "Just be careful Meredith. A lot of people would kill to get their hands on this book. It's important." She said looking intently at me with those annoying green eyes . 

I faked shock, "Your not going to ask why I have it? Or what I'm going to do with it?" I put my hand to my heart, acting hurt. 

Emma rolled her eyes, "I know you won't tell me anyways." 

"Damn right." Vivian muttered. I laughed at that. 

"So, are you going this year?" Emma asked changing the subject.

I looked at her confused. 

Emma hesitated, "The Crescent Moon...." She trailed off, looking away.

I scoffed at her. Not this again. 

"Come on Meredith! You can't avoid that Pack forever! They saved our lives! They saved yours!" She pushed. 

"I send them flowers." I countered. 

"Yeah, through Jemma." Emma snapped.

Jemmalee was Emma's younger sister and one of the youngest to survive the Trials and great heavens, she was more annoying than Emma. Every time I was around her I wanted to snap her neck. She constantly followed me everywhere, which is why I used her as I pleased.

I nodded, "Its better than nothing." I told her. It was true. As long as I showed respect to that Pack no one should have been complaining. 

"But still." Emma whined. 

I stared at her. "You know for someone as old as you, you shouldn't be whining so much." 

Emma grimaced. Being reminded of her age was something she definitely didn't like. 

Vivian sighed, "Well we're on our way there. You sure you don't want to come along?" She asked. 

I snapped my fingers on the book, putting it back were it was securely hidden. No need for this to be seen when I leave. Getting up, I put my coat on and grabbing my bag. 

"No thanks girls. I'll see you around. I've got...uh...  things to do." I said, putting emphasis on 'things'. Vivian just rolled her eyes but Emma's eyes widened. 

"What! Your not going to.. Oh Meredith!" She exasperated. 

"At least tell us why you're not coming this year." Vivian asked, ignoring Emma. 

I smirked at her and simply said "Because its reincarnation year." 

Hope you enjoyed!~ For those who don't know, Massachusetts was were the Salem Trials were held :)

Comment~ Fan~ Vote~ If you would like! Thanks for reading:)